Adventures in the Chaos Scar {Adventure One: Stick in the Mud}

Phaezen

First Post
Ruz will stay in Sitha's shadow watching the area around as they advance. He is keeping an eye out for any movement. Before heading into the ruins if nothing is spotted he will motion for the others to approach.

hero4hire

Explorer
The group gathers at the entranceway of the ruins. What is left of once grand double doors some 15' wide stand before you. The left door stands open, almost ready to come off its hinges.

[sblock=OOC]Are you entering? I also need a marching order. You may stand up to 2 abreast when entering the left door or 3 if you also open the right door.[/sblock]

Bluenose

Adventurer
Chaihana asks quietly, "I think we must enter. Torash, would you like to take the lead with me alongside, then Kyriel, with our most mobile fighters Sitha and Skoldik behind to respond quickly to threats?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Upon passing the Keep's threshold you are greeted by a chorus of deep, reverberating croaks echoes off the walls of the ruins. Rising from the muddy wallows amid the ruined keep are half a dozen froglike humanoids. Some of them grip crude spears and javelins, while the others are naked save for a coating of filthy mud.
At once four of them are upon you while the other two hang back and fling primitive javelins in your midst.
A javelin hits Sitha hard while another goes clattering of the cobblestones. Two of the Frogmen literally leap at the two heroes in the frontline. One slams into Torash; knocking the hapless Dragonborne over. While the other was a bit overzealous and missed Chaihana completely; landing on his backside for the effort.
Finally two particularly stinky Froggies move in with sharp claws at the end of their spindly arms. One draws a light scratch on Chaihana’s cheek. The other scratches at Torash’s mail to little effect.

OOC
Surprise Round
17)Bullywug Twitcher1: Thrown Javelin vs. Sitha rolls 28 vs. AC CRIT!; Sitha takes 9 damage
17)Bullywug Twitcher2: Thrown Javelin vs. Kyriel rolls 15 vs. AC MISS
13)Bullywug Croaker1: Charge Chaihana rolls 20 vs. AC HIT; Chaihana takes 7 damage
13)Bullywug Croaker2: Charge Torash rolls 17 vs. AC MISS
12)Bullywug Mucker1: Bullywug Rush vs. Chaihana rolls 12 fort MISS; Mucker1 takes 3 damage and is Prone
12)Bullywug Mucker2: Bullywug Rush vs. Torash rolls 22 fort HIT; Torash takes 13 damage and is Prone

Conditions
Sitha 9 damage
Chaihana 7 damage
Torash 13 damage, prone
Mucker1 3 damage, prone

ruinssurprise-1.jpg

Map Notes
Blue Circle means Prone
P7 Croaker1
P8 Mucker1
P9 Mucker2
P10 Croaker2
I10 Twitcher1
I11 Twitcher2

EDIT I goofed and the one in P8 should have a Blue Circle

Last edited:

BarrelRider

First Post
With a roar of pain and frustration, the dragonborn fighter stands up. Mud flies from his body as his chest expands mightily just before a wave of acid rolls out from his gaping mouth. He follows the attack with a mighty swing of his sword, drawing the attention of one of the amphibious monsters.
[sblock=ooc]Initiative 10 Roll Lookup
Move Action: stand from prone
Minor action: dragon breath P8 to N10, or however I can hit the most bullywugs without hitting an ally, misses P8 and P9, hits ref 22 vs. P10, 4 damage. Roll Lookup
Standard Action: Cleave vs. P9, hits AC 26 for 9 damage, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2328449/ttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2328449/ and deals 4 damage to P10. Mark P9.[/sblock]

Bluenose

Adventurer
Chaihana yells, "Flank them." She turns her attention to the prone Bullywug and swings her sword at the creature.

[sblock="OOC"]Initiative Roll 5 Roll Lookup
Standard Action Furious Smash versus P7, Roll Lookup 9 vs Fort, that won't hit but 3 damage and +3 to the next attack and damage roll against P7 for someone - at the moment it's only Kyriel who can take it.[/sblock]

OOC: Combat Leader gives Chaihana's allies +2 to Initiative, just to remind everyone to include it.

BarrelRider

First Post
[sblock=Barrelrider] You may mark all of the opponents you attacked with the breath weapon if you wished[/sblock]
[sblock=H4H] That's right. I had forgotten that. I'm used to a friend who plays a dragonborn paladin, and he had to take a feat to do that. Hooray for fighters!
And I forgot the +2 bonus to init, so it should be 12.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads