Adventures You'd Like Produced

Quickleaf

Legend
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of the Fourth Party forum - this is a not for profit community effort, right?

Since I'm running a 6th level planescape game I'm going to say quality high-heroic/early-paragon planar adventures. I'm looking forward to the 4e version of KQ's "Dark Roads and Golden Hells".

Pour

First Post
Interesting, this is the first I've heard of the Fourth Party forum - this is a not for profit community effort, right?

Since I'm running a 6th level planescape game I'm going to say quality high-heroic/early-paragon planar adventures. I'm looking forward to the 4e version of KQ's "Dark Roads and Golden Hells".

That it is. The quickest way to kill an effort like that is by involving real money, I think. Just too many complications when all I really want to do is produce quality modules and maybe even alternative rules. There's some really knowledgeable people involved, though I think 5e turned some of them off.

Funny you mention KQ, I'm actually one of the gazetteer authors in DR&GH hehe. Pretty sure that's all I'm supposed to say, though. Once I'm finished there, I'll begin my Fourth Party efforts full force.

I'm also considering making a serious pitch to lead an Open Design 4e project. Wolfgang already said he's potentially open to the idea considering 5e is at least 16 months out. I feel like getting majority votes over a Pathfinder project will be tough, though.

Rechan

Adventurer
I'm also considering making a serious pitch to lead an Open Design 4e project. Wolfgang already said he's potentially open to the idea considering 5e is at least 16 months out. I feel like getting majority votes over a Pathfinder project will be tough, though.
If you're announcing a 4e project that you'd lead, why would folks need to vote vs. a PF one? It's not like Baur would be running it.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Despite being really hard to write, I actually very much enjoy modules that are open ended - ones that don't necessarily get right to the point. I want to run modules that make the party not sure who to trust and are full of moral greys. The more table argument about what to do with the children of the slain caravan leaders, the better.
I do, too, but that is a completely separate issue than getting quickly to the point of the module. Or, even, points (for multiplotted modules). Any plot can be as gray (meaning morally) as you want. However, it should not be (IMO) ambiguous as to what the players need to do or should do as the overall purpose. This isn't even to say that they must do it (I'm not advocating railroading).

Pour

First Post
If you're announcing a 4e project that you'd lead, why would folks need to vote vs. a PF one? It's not like Baur would be running it.

My guess is they only do so many projects a season for production cost reasons. These will become physical products, and designers and artists are paid for their services. I figure if it came down to funding and supporting a 4e project or a PF project, and the next project will be edition exclusive, I think PF 3PP's have always proven more lucrative. That said, I still think it's worth the pitch, and I honestly feel it could materialize with enough backing. If my pitch is made a runner up, I'll be sure to campaign for all your guys' support!

That's also the beauty of Fourth Party. Anyone can lead anything whenever. Open Design is for funds, however, with a much wider audience and range of exposure.

Rechan

Adventurer
I figure if it came down to funding and supporting a 4e project or a PF project, and the next project will be edition exclusive, I think PF 3PP's have always proven more lucrative.
Sure, but I've seen them do up to 3 projects at one time (PF, 4e and one other I forget). So I'm assuming that Open Design is willing to do more than one.

I will however add that low-level planar excursions have been done twice by Open Design; Wrath of the River King and somethingsomething Shadow Fey. So if you do pitch something 4e-related, that ground has been well trodden.

Last edited:

Pour

First Post
Sure, but I've seen them do up to 3 projects at one time (PF, 4e and one other I forget). So I'm assuming that Open Design is willing to do more than one.

I will however add that low-level planar excursions have been done twice by Open Design; Wrath of the River King and somethingsomething Shadow Fey. So if you do pitch something 4e-related, that ground has been well trodden.

I was actually considering high Paragon and Epic content. I'm well-versed in Paragon, but just scratching the surface of my Epic understanding in my home campaigns, making me hesitant to extend quite that far. Then again, I'd have the backing of (hopefully) many patrons with which to check, balance, and test content.

Exactly what the project would entail beyond the vague 'high level' is still being discussed with a friend and potential co-designer. So many places we could take it. Sandbox adventure site. 'Gloomwrought & Beyond' treatment of another planar locale. A better Book of Vile Darkness... though that probably deserves to be a Fourthcore project. Maybe we could explore something with the 4e-style archfey, primordials, or primal spirits. How about something to do with the elusive 4e Plane of Dreams?

Rechan

Adventurer
I was actually considering high Paragon and Epic content. I'm well-versed in Paragon, but just scratching the surface of my Epic understanding in my home campaigns, making me hesitant to extend quite that far. Then again, I'd have the backing of (hopefully) many patrons with which to check, balance, and test content.

Exactly what the project would entail beyond the vague 'high level' is still being discussed with a friend and potential co-designer. So many places we could take it. Sandbox adventure site. 'Gloomwrought & Beyond' treatment of another planar locale. A better Book of Vile Darkness... though that probably deserves to be a Fourthcore project. Maybe we could explore something with the 4e-style archfey, primordials, or primal spirits. How about something to do with the elusive 4e Plane of Dreams?
Well, I can certainly see a lot of support among those who feel Epic gets little support.

I don't have a horse in that race, but I think an epic-level Sandbox is sort of silly. But I still wouldn't mind pitching some ideas to you if high level is where you want to go. One thing I see lacking in Epic material that's out there is that it's not what I call Epic. We're talking extreme legendary "no one has done this before" sort of territory. Here's what I am talking about:

Claim an actual Astral Domain for yourselves and craft it in a plane of your liking. Think Pathfinder's Kingmaker but on a planar level, and with far greater means of shaping the realm. This would likely spawn some responses, side missions, and there might be a meta-plot involving some other planar entities.

Destroy the Far Realms. That's right, obliterate the plane of existence as we know it. I actually have a solid premise on to do so, one that involves delving into the deepest reaches of the Far Realms and eradicating its source. Not only would the scale of such a venture take somewhere around level 28-30 PCs, but it would also take some serious mojo to not get turned inside-out insane by venturing into the Far Realms.

Last edited:

Remove ads