Adventuring party names

Pig Champion

First Post
My group tends be quite unimaginative with names and thus pays homage to our collective interests:

Loco Ocho
Jerry's Kids
Hing Rascals
New Adventures Network

As much as I can think of at the present.

Cyronax

Explorer
Through NPC and out-of-game prompting, I have tried hard to get my players' to name their groups.

I've even introduced other rival (and rare) NPC adventuring companies over the course of several campaigns (for various groups and players):

- The Dawn Striders
- The New Dawn Striders
- The Order of the Northern Star (The Northstars)
- The Arbiters
- The Idle hammer Company (dwarven adventurers')
- The Rookfoot Company

...among others.

Coldwyn

First Post
My current adventuring paarty named itself "Monkey Business". Don´t ask my why, I was AWOL the session it happened and dread asking the guys/gals why they chose it.

catsclaw227

First Post
My the Age of Worms game I DMed, the party started calling themselves The Diamond League once they finished Three Faces of Evil (named after Diamond Lake, their place of origin). Very fun.

I had a couple of others too for parties that I DMed, but can't remember many of them. The Azure Dawn, St. Cuthbert's Fist, and the Wanderers.

We opened a pub in one game called The Good Times Tavern. :)

The group that I am running through the SCAP called themselves the "Knights of the Old Republic" (highly original, I know! :D).

They only came up with a name after the Cauldron newspaper interviewed them and asked what the group was called. That's the first time I've ever been in or run a game where the party has given themselves a name. I quite like the idea personally. It adds a little bit of depth to the game.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads