Adventuring party names

Mark1733

Explorer
Names have included:

-Heroes of Labalna
-Old Goose Gang (we hang out at the Old Goose Inn)

but in one campaign, we were constantly taunted by enemies as the "Filthy Mammals" and that name stuck.

Wik

First Post
My current group of PCs adopted the name "the Blinkstone Companions" after they found a malfunctioning Eladrin Lightstone that constantly flickered. They carried the blinkstone around as something of a trophy, and then discovered that it reacted poorly when around heavy doses of magic.

A while back, it was used as an explosive to trigger a magical trap. Goodbye, blinkstone... the party name has sort of faded away, as well.

samursus

Explorer
My old BECMI group was called the Dragons of Mystara... a name I suggested...each wore a colour scheme according to their dragon.

Daern

Explorer
I do write ups for my campaigns, so the last two I've just come up with something and no one seemed to mind: The Platonic Solids, and The Brotherhood of Mercy.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
The party in my current campaign don't have a name yet, but all the groups they are facing do so I suspect they will catch on eventually (and I like the suggestions in this thread about having others name them otherwise).

My next campaign will involve the party restarting the group known as the Knights of the North (my games are set in FR). The party will be known as the Knights of the North and will use their symbol (and they will have the right to do so as they are the sons and daughters of the last of the Knights of the North).

Mercule

Adventurer
I've only seen party names when there was some external reason -- like wanting to get a writ from Breland to bring back treasures. Otherwise, it's always seemed fairly cheesy (yeah, I know -- I'm playing D&D) and/or fairly low priority.

Jack99

Adventurer
In my last campaign, they finally managed to agree on a name, and called themselves the Swords of Drahar.

In the current campaign (level 1), they have yet to come up with something.

Meridius

First Post
I don't know what these names say about my DM-style, but one of my players came up with a few 'complimenting names':

"The Not Yet Headless Bunch" (What can I say? They have high expectations :angel:)
"The Knights without a table" (He DOES have a shed WITH a table! I swear!)
"The Goblinslayers of the Castle with way too many Doors" (Ok, I admit there where quite a lot of doors to pick from in that surprisingly small castle :p)
"The Amazing Arachnophobic Archaists" (I don't know where he got this one from).
"The Silly Streakers" (Don't ask... or well, before you actually do, they had a gnome in their party who occasionally had the habit of disrobing on random moments followed by him happily running around naked)

They never actually decided on a name though...

Last edited:

coyote6

Adventurer
In the AoW campaign I'm currently playing in, I think my gnome sorcerer just dubbed the group the "Sons of the Cairn". I needed a name to shout as boasting challenge to a dragon, and that was what I came up with. Too bad the dragon turned out to not be at home.

Remove ads