Adventuring party names

Zinovia

Explorer
The only group I've run with a name were called the Elves Out to Save the World, based on a note addressed that way from an NPC. "To all elves out to save the world..." The party was all various types of elves, in AD&D.

My current group has adventuring company name envy after running into the NPC group "Brightshield Company" led by the dragonborn paladin Braden Brightshield. Several times they have said they need to pick a name, but they have yet to do so. I may saddle them with something - either unflattering to spur them into choosing their own, or decent, that they might like.

Qualidar

First Post
The players in my Shackled City campaign were mulling over what to call themselves for a while. When they emerged from a fight in a bathhouse the curious bystanders started reffering to them as the "Bathhouse Six", which spured them into coming up with a real name right quick. ;)

So, they became The Ebon Shield.

My other group of players, also playing in SCAP, came up with The Others.

Other than that, my players traditionally haven't named their groups in the game. Although back in the day my AD&D Forgotten Realms players mockingly titled themselves the Shinny Happy People Paryty because they had gone against their grain and done so many altruistic deeds. We started every SHPP session playing that song, but that was really only to torture my friend Dave, who hated it. :devil:

Withnail

First Post
First we were the Originals. Then we found out there was already a group called the Originals, so we became the New Originals. Then the Originals broke up and we thought about taking the name back but instead decided to become the Lovely Lads.

Thank you Spinal Tap!

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Back in Basic D&D, we were the Company of the Gold Crown, being either a reference to the King or the humble gold piece depending upon the situation.

In 4E we were the Aramil Experience featuring Thrrak, but Aramil died last session, so the name is up in the air for now. I'll bring it up when we game this Saturday.

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Years ago with the game I was running, the players just called themselves "Team Awesome." When I prodded them into trying to come up with something more official, they chose the very heroic "Lords of Glory."

I've noticed that it can sometimes be difficult to come up with a cool adventuring group name. The players want something original but they don't want something corny.

I took it upon myself to come up with the current group name, "Wyvern Company," as the characters are currently enlisted as special forces agents.

Remove ads