• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advice for ESL Campaign

Hi,

I am just beginning a campaign for 4 ESL students (Polish students in a small city in Poland). I'm an American English teacher teaching here for the year. Anyway, it's set in Faerun and I am looking for some ideas that will keep them interested, but won't go above their language ability. Most of the students are of intermediate ability, so able to hold most basic and some advanced conversations, but not too quickly or with too much vocab. They are all already familiar with the game. They are playing:

Wood Elf Rogue 1/Ranger 2
Aasimar Cleric (or Druid, not sure yet) 2
Sun Elf Evoker 3
Human Fighter (Bastard Sword and Shield) 3

The campaign is in a few hours, so any quick advice is welcome, especially if you have experience with ESL D&D. The students are all fairly mature, so it can't just be hack and slash, but it also can't go above their heads. I'm thinking of some sort of linked fetched quest to find an item that will counter an evil plague by a sect of Talona that is reducing human and elven fertility and causing children and the elderly to become sick and die.

Remove ads