Advice for the next campaign - Big Evil Race

I'm not sure I'm following the original question. Is there a reason why each playable race has to have its own special enemy? Or are you not suggesting that?

Just trying to get a bit more background so I can answer intelligently.

just__al

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
I'm not sure I'm following the original question. Is there a reason why each playable race has to have its own special enemy? Or are you not suggesting that?

Just trying to get a bit more background so I can answer intelligently.

Just trying to find a good "fit" for the particular race.

Yak Folk for example seems like a really good choice for the mountain based Golliaths but they wouldn't exactly be invading the Shire to enslave Hobbits.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Why not? Maybe they want to free their brethren from the bondage of Halfling dominance! ;)

In any case I'd still say use Mind Flayers. They hate everyone that isn't a mind Flayer.

Anti-Sean

First Post
Seriously, though, I like the halflings vs. gnolls idea mentioned earlier. One alternate possibility is to use thri-kreen. Perhaps make them a bit more insectile or hiveminded, having them boil out of huge 60-80 feet tall anthill like mounds in the plains of the halfling lands. They swarm over the halfling villages like a plague of locusts, hopping in, feeding on some there, and taking others back to the hive to be eaten alive. Or maybe go w/ the halflings vs. gnolls idea above and use the thri-kreen against the gnomes.

The dwarves could be fending off an invasion of destrachan and their grimlock slaves. Destrachans are Int 12, apparently - according to the SRD, they understand Common, but don't speak it. You could probably handwave some subsonic communication between themselves and the grimlocks. Perhaps a cabal of advanced Medusae as the shadowy powers behind the destrachan advancement...

Instead of Goliath vs. Yak Folk, perhaps a nearby volcano has opened a rift to the Elemental Plane of Fire, and a Salamander army has come through, bent on destruction? Or maybe use them against the Elves instead, burning down entire swaths of forest.

HTH!

Panask

First Post
You know what's scary? Smart ettercaps. IMC some ettercaps have discovered an edible plant that raises their intelligence to average human levels, and are going around like Johnny Applespider introducing it to ettercap communities. They can be very dangerous.

Panask
Servitar of Baldur

Remove ads