Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Vorput

First Post
...Anyone know what happened to the old tales of the wyre story hour thread?

I can't seem to find it...

N/m- found it, bumped it.

Last edited:

Has it been mentioned anywhere why the Claviger warned Mostin away from aquiring Shomei's soul?

I mean, she's made her choice, and that choice is to no longer have any say over who owns her. Why should Mostin be disqualified from owning her if he wishes to persue that option?

-Albert the Absentminded

Justin

Explorer
Al the Absentminded said:
Has it been mentioned anywhere why the Claviger warned Mostin away from aquiring Shomei's soul?

I mean, she's made her choice, and that choice is to no longer have any say over who owns her. Why should Mostin be disqualified from owning her if he wishes to persue that option?

-Albert the Absentminded

This is only surmise :) but Mostin had briefly considered "binding the archdevil and forcing him to relinquish" her soul, rather than trying to purchase it. As if Mostin could meet his price, anyway, whatever it might be.

By the way, I just finished re-reading the whole shebang yesterday and, as always, I am simply left in awe!

GraysonEN

First Post
Is there any updates past the one that ended with..

"N.B.: Contundor got smushed by Nalfeshnees in Afqithan, something which I neglected to mention previously."

?

Imo, Sep's SH is superior to all but Steven Erikson as far as writing skill and enjoyment factor. It's nothing short of gut-wrenching to realize I'm at the end of the SH, and it doesn't just continue on forever like some blissful literary dream.

GraysonEN said:
Imo, Sep's SH is superior to all but Steven Erikson as far as writing skill and enjoyment factor.
Heresy! :] Sep writes circles around Erikson.

It's nothing short of gut-wrenching to realize I'm at the end of the SH, and it doesn't just continue on forever like some blissful literary dream.
Now this I wholeheartedly agree with.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Well, just on the chance that Erikson is comparable to Sep, I just went and bought Gardens of the Moon (The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Vol. 1) from Amazon. Though it looks like I might get left hanging there, too; the projected 10-book series looks only half-finished.

GraysonEN

First Post
Erikson is a fantastic writer. The best advice I can give for a new reader of Erikson - don't try to understand everything on your first read through, especially of the first book. He drops you into the story without a lot of exposition, and there's a *ton* of stuff that you're going to miss on the first few read-throughs ;)

Erikson and Sep share the ability to craft a believable, in-depth world. Erikson's scope is far vaster though. There are dozens of *main* characters. None of them are safe from death either - they're nobody's PC's after all :D

You're looking at around 5500 pages for the first 6 books. Most people I know that own them have read them all at least twice. Every time I re-read the series, I pick up on stuff I missed before. Something'll happen, and then a few thousand pages later you realize why or how, heheh.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases