Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

Roman

First Post
You have to deconstruct the whole engine - nonepic magic, character wealth (=ability bonuses) - and put it back together.

I am not surprised. In my own campaigns, much as I like 3E/3.5E, I refuse to DM the 3E/3.5E epic system...

That said, I am consistently surprised at how you are able to run an amazingly epic game using these rules and even use the clunky mechanics as inspiration for flavor (e.g. the idea of transvalent spells). I guess, even though that may have originally come from necessity, they are now an integral part of the Wyre campaign and even if a better system came around, if it were radically different, it would be difficult to switch to it. Than again, your campaign is pretty flexible, so some sort of paradigmatic shift in the workings of magic could always do the trick! ;)

There's a Pete Seeger song that springs to mind. The 3.5 engine - most importantly to me I guess, its aesthetic - is an altogether superior model.
You just have to keep it lubricated all the time.

In any event, I'm thinking about revisiting it. There's a bunch of variant d20/3.XX systems now, and lots of good ideas out there.

True - Paizo, I believe, is considering doing an Epic system book for its popular 3.X system, the Pathfinder RPG. I am keen to see what they come up with - I would love to run (or play in) an epic game, but running the current 3/3.5 epic system very well is not viable, in my opinion, notwithstanding the glaring exception that is your campaign. I guess you must have a lot of 3/3.5lubricant handy! ;)

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I did some poking around but was unable to find the condensed pages of this story and the ones leading up to it. I know they exist, but where?

Unfortunately, with all realities being equal and no absolutes to form the universe, the collected works may well be the object of worship by a collection of mitochondria in an alternate reality and have thus passed from this one.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
The collected updates thread can be found here.

YouDaMan.jpg

Remove ads