Afghanistan d20

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
again?

Well at first I might have not agree with it but then after reading a lot of different post about it and thinking about it, I say that it is no worst then a game about WWII or any other real world event.

I often do wonder what WWII venterns think about a "game about WWII" or the holocost? Just because of the timing I think SOME people are senitive towards it, but what about movies, tv shows, etc that are "in the works" about this subject?

I will look at it before I judge it. They could handle this really well or really badly but I will wait and see what it looks like first.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Re: again?

Sen Udo-Mal said:
I often do wonder what WWII venterns think about a "game about WWII" or the holocost? Just because of the timing I think SOME people are senitive towards it, but what about movies, tv shows, etc that are "in the works" about this subject?
If we don't want to watch them or read them, we won't. We either take a pass at the movie theater (which I am glad it is now a multiplex offering other choices), or simply change the channel.

As for print media, if we don't like it, we won't buy it. Simple as that. Hollywood can't force us to watch or read them. It will be the same for gaming industry.

I will look at it before I judge it. They could handle this really well or really badly but I will wait and see what it looks like first.
Which is a good thing they decided to release the product later in the Summer.

So if you're asking my opinion now, I probably would not buy it now. But ask me again in the Summer.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
If it's due out in Summer, it means they are writing it now. Which means it's more or less impossible to be historically accurate.

Press accounts can't even agree on the simplest of things, yet alone more complex issues. Only in hindsight, and with more investigation will a lot of things become clear.

That's my main problem with it.

Emiricol

It sucks, it is tacky, and it is immensely disrespectful to many, many people on both sides. Argued to death by both sides of the argument. Spammed many threads in multiple forums. To the great annoyance of most people.

Next topic.

Remove ads