• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

After years of gaming...

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
These things happen. Take a break. I would suggest trying a different genre of RPG or a very different style campaign. After a bad experience, it can be helpful to rattle your own expectations.

I am not suggesting any of this is your fault. But often what makes a legitimately frustrating situation into one that causes sleep loss is expectations that are too high or too specific. Trying other genres can help one get a new viewpoint into one's own expectations.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Vraille Darkfang said:
I think there should be a Rule 0 Subclause A: The DM might always have the final say, but he also has the responsibility to be fair & considerate.

Now see, I thought common sense decreed that everything after the comma in your statement was implied. I guess not tho' according to a few of the horror stories that I've read here and on other forums. Pity...

lazarus1020

First Post
That stinks man, I have been a DM for almost 10 years and I cannot remember a time when I just said no in a jerk manner. I have had a few times when I was forced to tell a party member no but I would always explain the reasoning. In circumstances such as that I would even let the player change his action. Personally I agree with you interpretation of the rules and can only think he is pissed over you outsmarting him. I have played theives many times and never has the idea of stealing from a fellow party member seem like a good.

Take some time off, I have done it before and it actually can give you a fresh perspective when you go back. Good Luck

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads