• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Giants Preview 3

chaotix42

First Post
I've never used minis for D&D before KotS, and we didn't start with D&D minis, just Descent minis and coins. Well I went and bought 3 Dungeons of Dread boosters today just to see what I'd get and, lo and behold, a Beholder in the first box!

Now I'm hooked. ('~' ) ( '~')

That white dragon is nice! Do you have a chance of getting him in the booster packs?

Colmarr

First Post
chaotix42 said:
That white dragon is nice!

I think this is the understatement of the decade as far as DDM is concerned. :) I cannot think of a better DDM ever. It's enough to make me cry that I now play online and I'll never see one on a battlemat.

Caveat: Of course, it's possible that the actual mini is a lot less attractive than the preview picture makes it look...

The Against the Giants booster (which will be more expensive I reckon) will each include one HUGE mini, such as the white dragon. They are released in July, I think.
The distribution is
Preview 1 said:
As in War of the Dragon Queen, there are six uncommon Huge figures and six rare Huge figures, with a rare Huge being found on average in one out of three boosters. We've changed how the other figures are distributed, too. In addition to the 12 Huge figures in the set, there are 18 rares, 21 uncommons, and 9 commons. In a single booster, you'll find one Huge figure (uncommon or rare), one non-Huge rare, three uncommons, and three commons.
here I am hooked too:)

chaotix42

First Post
Ahhh, many thanks. I'm looking forward to weighing each booster in the palm of my hand in the hunt for Huge minis.

Oh wait, they all have Huge minis! : P

frankthedm

First Post
Hmm, white is nice, though it seems that dragon wings hogging the battlmat is going to be a reoccurring issue.

White dragons seemed to have the 'Pins you down' thing from the PHB illo built in.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
The white one is great. The wings... are making it more like Gargantuan, but I can live with that. I hope.

The dragonborn has one ugly sword.

Cheers, LT.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads