Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

unleashed

First Post
I do know a little more about the Olympian pantheon than that both from our own history and D&D--Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Hermes, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hestia, Demeter, Dionysus, and Hades are considered the primary gods of the Olympian pantheon. Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto (a mortal) and younger brother/twin of Artemis. :)

Also the 'lesser' Greyhawk deities I mentioned hold multiple portfolios or acknowledged areas of control (much like Apollo), unlike a lot of the additional Olympian deities which control a very specific area like Ilithyia goddess of childbirth. ;)

hippocrachus

First Post
Artemis is the goddess of Childbirth as well...
Eileithyia was a goddess of Childbirth and the Eilithuiae are the goddesses of Childbirth and the Dispensers of Cruel Pain. I think I can find the passage in the Iliad where Hera mentions them...
Many Greek gods shared appellations, some held more specific aspects of those appellations, but Chryse is a follower of Apollo, and as such would thank Apollo for things he sees as Apollo's work. I.E. Archery as Apollo's domain instead of Artemis' (also the goddess of Archery).
If he worshipped Helios he wouldn't thank Hyperion when the Sun came out ;)

I love Greek Mythology!

Verbatim

Explorer
Weather report:

It is currently about 1pm, and from Orin's point of view, it will be about two hours before the storm starts to really die down, meaning to light rain/drizzle.

The party could still move in this weather, it would just mean the difference in getting there in three hours vice two.

And Shadow is the only party member who is unconscious, Jorun and Damien are the only members who have mounts at the moment.

Also, while Orin has had very little contact with the Bronze Lodge, he does know that it is made up of rangers and druids who would be able to deal with the dire ratlings if he did not just leave them to their fate.

More to follow at halftime of the Notre Dame game!!!

Ozmar

First Post
hippocrachus said:
Jorun seemed most avid to enter the cairns without delay. Rather ambitious

Ah. Well, that was cuz my GOOD FRIEND Samuel wanted to go. :)

Ozmar the Friendly Paladin

(BTW... when does that spell wear off? He he he... :mad: )

Verbatim

Explorer
The spell will make Jorun think of Samuel as his best friend for about 30 more minutes, after that Jorun will no longer be as easily influenced by the sorc's words, but he will still think Samuel is his friend.

I am playing it as once the mood has been influenced, the person will see the caster in a favorable light until something happens to make that opinion shift.

Verbatim the Charming DM

Ozmar

First Post
OK. Then I don't have to get angry when Jorun realizes he's been influenced by magic. That works for me.

Ozmar the Agreeable

unleashed

First Post
Verbatim said:
Also, while Orin has had very little contact with the Bronze Lodge, he does know that it is made up of rangers and druids who would be able to deal with the dire ratlings if he did not just leave them to their fate.

How far is the Bronzewood Lodge from here? Hmm, there's that link you were looking for earlier...crafty DM. :lol:

unleashed

First Post
hippocrachus said:
I love Greek Mythology!

Hmm, shared portfolios...I always get suspicious when deities share so many. What it usually means is that different people worship a certain aspect of a deity and give it a different name. ;)

Verbatim

Explorer
In the case of Apollo, at the moment Chryse is the only one who is able to draw upon his strength that he is aware of. I am basing it off of the concept of American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It is a really good book in my opinion, and basically says that as people have travelled the world, they brought aspects of their gods with them. At some point in time, a follower(s) of Apollo was in the Greyhawk/Diamond Lake area, and brought Apollo into this world. The follower(s) passed, but Apollo remained and slowly began to fade away as his worshippers all died. Chryse is his last chance so to speak for life and will be taking an active hand in his, as well as those he travels with. However while Apollo is a god, he is a weakened one, so do not be expecting too many miracles...:)

As far as being a crafty DM, I just look for things where I can. The Bronzewood Lodge is roughly three hours northeast of Diamond Lake when the weather is nice. From where you are at now in this weather and condition, it three hours east (as you are all about an hour north of Diamond Lake now).

Hope that helps and resolving the box now.

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Oh we're just having a nice conversation about Greek mythology...it's all good. :D

I just think Chryse is picking the wrong characters to preach to, the ones who would least likely consider conversion to Apollo (and may even be offended by Chryse claiming his deity influenced they actions instead of their own), it's quite funny really. :lol:

Damn, my next action may well drag the priest along...that's 6 hours or so of earbashing about Apollo he doesn't want. ;) :lol:

Remove ads