Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Majin

First Post
SATA stands for "Serial ATA" It's the cable that connects your hard drive to the motherboard. If there was something wrong with that cable and it was connected to your master hard drive (the one with your boot sector), it's not a wonder you were having problems with your comp. Glad to hear everything is better. ;)

Saterus

First Post
Yeah, I know what it is. I was hoping thats what it was because this would be the second one I'll have to send back to Newegg. I'm a bit peeved, since it crapped out again today. Its not even making it to the boot screen anymore. :(

Majin

First Post
Sounds like that might not be the problem then, unless you're getting extremely unlucky with your cables. It could be a whole range of things, but if you still think it's centered around the HD area, you might need a new one, or at least a format. If you can get it to boot again with the new cable, I would backup anything important asap in case it happens again. :\

Majin

First Post
Hi all. Verbatim wanted me to let you all know that he has been swamped at work the past few days and has been having trouble finding the time to get online. He said he should be able to get back on again either sometime tonight or tommorrow at the latest.

Saterus

First Post
Ok, well, for some reason the giggling of the wires worked the other night, but hasn't since. I think it has offically died. I'm going to consult my neighbor tomorrow night before I ship it back. I'll be offline for a couple days more at least, so don't feel so bad about not being able to post either.

EDIT: This stupid harddrive is so weird. Its working again. I don't know what's wrong with it. I took it to my neighbor and it booted right up like nothing was ever wrong. :S

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
All,

Just a quick FYI to let you all know there will be a post this afternoon/this evening for all the groups. Sorry for the delay, but RL has been a bugger here lately.

Hope you get the PC probs fixed Saterus...:)

Verbatim

Explorer
Oz: The only thing that you would really have to do is just remove your "Whitecloak", and take any insignia of rank from your armor. You wouldn't have to surrender your horse or armor, as I had assumed you had purchased it with your own funds, vice it being supplied by the militia.

Just my two coppers, and hope I haven't disappointed you too much by removing this element from your char for the moment, but I promise I have my reasons for it...:)

Ozmar

First Post
Verbatim said:
Oz: The only thing that you would really have to do is just remove your "Whitecloak", and take any insignia of rank from your armor. You wouldn't have to surrender your horse or armor, as I had assumed you had purchased it with your own funds, vice it being supplied by the militia.

Just my two coppers, and hope I haven't disappointed you too much by removing this element from your char for the moment, but I promise I have my reasons for it...:)

Naw, its all good. I'm very much go-with-the-flow kinda player. I'll just keep right on with it.

Ozmar the Cool

Verbatim

Explorer
All,

Look for a full update tonight...while I have access now, all of my notes are at my house. Sorry for the delay, but I do promise the speed of posting will be picking up again.

Remove ads