• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Age of Worms] Champion's Belt Thoughts

shilsen

Adventurer
Numion said:
"If they do not wish to take a few risks, their characters should stay home and become shopkeepers and farmers.

Then wish them luck!" -- Gary Gygax
"If the characters and players are intelligent enough to minimize risks and deal with problems in ways beside the obvious, more power to them."

-- Shil Sen

Numion

First Post
shilsen said:
"If the characters and players are intelligent enough to minimize risks and deal with problems in ways beside the obvious, more power to them."

-- Shil Sen

..less power to them. In terms of XP, loot and FUN :lol:

shilsen

Adventurer
Numion said:
..less power to them. In terms of XP, loot and FUN :lol:
I wouldn't assume that. Presumably the players are doing what's most fun for them. For me, personally, sometimes it's fun to jump headlong into a situation even though it's not the most expedient thing to do. And sometimes it's fun to think way outside the box and come up with something so tactically brilliant that it absolutely removes all risk and chance of defeat.

As for XP and loot, that depends on the DM. Personally, this is one among many reasons why I've divorced XP and levelling from in-game events. I think they exist for metagame reasons anyway, and I'm not going to penalize players for doing what made sense for their characters and was fun for them.

Remove ads