D&D 5E Age of Worms Conversion

Deadshot

Explorer
I didn't start doing play reports until Three Faces of Evil, but here they are, including some of the monster conversions I did for it.

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/search/label/Age of Worms

Thanks, Bupp, I will definitely take a look once we get closer to starting that adventure. We play weekly but our sessions are usually not very long (3-4 hours) so we don't get very far. Add to that vacations and just real life with families and such and we are just finishing up the cairn itself and moving on to the next part of the adventure. Could be a month or so before we get to the next adventure proper. Still, any help is most appreciated.

Tormyr

Adventurer
Thanks, Bupp, I will definitely take a look once we get closer to starting that adventure. We play weekly but our sessions are usually not very long (3-4 hours) so we don't get very far. Add to that vacations and just real life with families and such and we are just finishing up the cairn itself and moving on to the next part of the adventure. Could be a month or so before we get to the next adventure proper. Still, any help is most appreciated.

The first third of The Three Faces of Evil is up.

Tormyr

Adventurer
nice work. Did you do part 3?

Thank you. I am assuming you mean chapter 3 Encounter at Blackwall Keep. My plan is to put it up along with the rest of the adventure path.

It took me until early this year to figure out how much information to put in a conversion document to keep things to just a conversion and not rewrite everything. We started in April of 2014 and are now a couple weeks into chapter 7 after playing once a week for about three hours nearly every week aside from six break sessions taken between chapters. So chapters 1 - 4 were initially done without some or all of the PHB, MM, and DMG available. Chapter 5 was the first chapter where I had started getting a handle on what was in all of the books, and chapter 6 was when I first came up with the style I am now using for the conversions.

My plan is to post the chapters where we are (currently chapter 7) as the first priority. I then go back and write the conversion for the early chapters as I am able. Finally, when those are all finished, I will work on the future chapters through the end of the AP.

Barring crazy work or home occurrences, I anticipate the following release schedule roughly. Currently chapters 1, 2, and 6 are complete, and chapter 7 is partially complete.
Chapter 7 - in a few weeks
Chapter 3 - A month after that?
Chapter 8
Chapter 4
Chapter 9
Chapter 5
Chapter 10 - 12

If I finish chapter 3 well before I need chapter 8, then I will start on chapter 4 earlier. It depends when I need to move on for my own campaign.

So hopefully that answers your question. I generally don't post when I update in this thread. I usually bump the associated download thread instead http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?440668-Age-of-Worms-Adventure-Path. I have never really done anything like this before, so the feedback on various encounters and such has been really useful.

Last edited:

wheeeels

First Post
Are you still working on there? I started this in 3.5 and since I got my 5e booking i'm looking to continue this in 5e. Do you have the rest finished?

wheeeels

First Post
Yea I know of the link but it's missing chapter 5, 11 and 12. That's why I'm asking if he completed his work.

Edit: grammer

Last edited:

Tormyr

Adventurer
Yea I know of the link but it's missing chapter 5, 11 and 12. That's why I'm asking if he completed his work.

Edit: grammer

Yes, I am still working on this. Chapter 5 is partially completed, but I need to go back and finish it. Chapter 11 has been posted. Chapter 12 is my next project as that is where my group is at the moment.

I just moved from San Diego, CA to NYC. So the last couple of weeks have been hectic, and I need to find an IT job in this location before I can turn back to this full time.

wheeeels

First Post
Thank you very much! Your work has been amazing and I really appreciate it. We should restart age of worms chapter 4 in February in 5e. Really looking forward to it

Remove ads