Ahsoka trailer

Zardnaar

Legend
None of which addressees the points I picked out - but yes it's problematic-as-hell that this Black American has decided all Maoris are dark-skinned and clearly darker-skinned than any white people when that's never been the case - if he at least supported his case with quotes from Maori people concerned about the issue we'd be going somewhat, but he doesn't. But certainly using a white American actor isn't really kosher, it's not like they couldn't possibly have found a New Zealand Maori voice actor.

A better critique if anything would be the appropriation involved in using a faux-Maori facial tattoo on Hunter to make him look more "tribal" which is problematic, but bizarrely he doesn't go for that.

Maori here have a list of acceptable tattoos others can get. So its not really cultural appropriation unless they're directly copying the authentic types.
Mostly about genealogical type tattoos which are the facial ones.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
There’s nothing particularly Māori about Hunter’s facial tattoo. It’s just meant to make half his face look a bit skull-like (but in black instead of white).

Also, I hadn’t actually read that specific page re: unwhitewashing Bad Batch. Just some other articles that mentioned it. The real point I’m trying to make is that I’m not the only one who thinks Omega is white.

But this thread is meant to be about Ahsoka, so we are seriously derailing it right now.

Zardnaar

Legend
There’s nothing particularly Māori about Hunter’s facial tattoo. It’s just meant to make half his face look a bit skull-like (but in black instead of white).

Also, I hadn’t actually read that specific page re: unwhitewashing Bad Batch. Just some other articles that mentioned it. The real point I’m trying to make is that I’m not the only one who thinks Omega is white.

But this thread is meant to be about Ahsoka, so we are seriously derailing it right now.

There's slwsys a certain amount of drift as tge shows are all linked now.
Is it confirmed Omega is a Jango clone?

pukunui

Legend
Just rewatching the trailer again. I don’t think that Baylan and Ahsoka are in the World Between Worlds in that one scene. It looks more like a starmap projected on a domed ceiling to me.

Also, when Ahsoka is fighting the masked warrior with the double-saber, there’s a distinctly male-sounding grunt when she Force pushes her opponent back, so I think that might be a third person, not Hati or Skoll.

Is it confirmed Omega is a Jango clone?
Yes. As I mentioned upthread, Tech analyzes Omega’s DNA in season 1 and concludes that she’s an unadulterated Fett clone.

Not to obsessed about color here.v
Maybe not down there in Dunedin.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Just rewatching the trailer again. I don’t think that Baylan and Ahsoka are in the World Between Worlds in that one scene. It looks more like a starmap projected on a domed ceiling to me.

Also, when Ahsoka is fighting the masked warrior with the double-saber, there’s a distinctly male-sounding grunt when she Force pushes her opponent back, so I think that might be a third person, not Hati or Skoll.

Yes. As I mentioned upthread, Tech analyzes Omega’s DNA in season 1 and concludes that she’s an unadulterated Fett clone.

Maybe not down there in Dunedin.

Maybe Dybwd8bs daily loose cannon down here due to tge university.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I just hope I can enjoy this without having seen the other shows. But from the discussion here, it's clear I'll just avoid the threads about it, I guess.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I just hope I can enjoy this without having seen the other shows. But from the discussion here, it's clear I'll just avoid the threads about it, I guess.
Obviously I have not seen the show yet, so I can't answer your question. I think I can safely say that if you do enjoy it, your enjoyment will be enhanced if you have the backstory from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Remove ads