Ahsoka trailer

Is she not extremely white already? All she's missing is blue eyes.
I mean, she is a "female clone" (which please don't make me get into the specifics of, but IS arguably possible even if Star Wars chromosomes exist and work the way Earth human ones do) of this guy:

1680962378785.png

That's Jango Fett played by Maori actor Temuera Morrison

(Amazingly I was already familiar with before his role as Jango Fett, thanks to Once Were Warriors - a brilliant film which successfully tricked us teenage boys into watching a harrowing critique of post-colonial poverty and domestic violence AND thinking it was amazing.)

He's a Pacific Islander, ethnically, Maori specifically.

The Clones in Clone Wars don't have dark skin because they're really tanned white guys or something, but because they're clones of him. Likewise Omega and
Emerie Karr and apparently there's another one called "Sister" in a book.
I know a significant number of people read her as white (in part because of her anomalous white-blonde hair - which is probably a sign of a greater myster), but I never did myself, and it always weirds me out a bit.

Ryujin

Legend
I mean, she is a "female clone" (which please don't make me get into the specifics of, but IS arguably possible even if Star Wars chromosomes exist and work the way Earth human ones do) of this guy:

View attachment 281382

(Amazingly I was already familiar with before his role as Jango Fett, thanks to Once Were Warriors - a brilliant film which successfully tricked us teenage boys into watching a harrowing critique of post-colonial poverty and domestic violence AND thinking it was amazing.)

The Clones in Clone Wars don't have dark skin because they're really tanned white guys or something, but because they're clones of him. Likewise Omega and
I know a significant number of people read her as white (in part because of her anomalous white-blonde hair - which is probably a sign of a greater myster), but I never did myself, and it always weirds me out a bit.
Maybe it's an "errors creeping in when you make a copy of a copy" kind of thing?

Did you notice the brief glimpse of a figure with an orange double bladed lightsabre wearing inquisitor style armor? Might have been a tooled up Hatti, might have been a third.
Looking at the proportions of the figure it seems like it would be an incredible coincidence if there was another female, above-average-height (though not tall), slim with long limbs, lightsaber-wielder using an orange lightsaber (even if in a different configuration), so I think it's safe to assume that's Shin Hati.
I'm sure that if Thrawn wanted to bring in someone to counter Force sensitives, he would rather not have a raving nut job, if at all possible.
For sure.

Also yeah those orange lightsabers look totally badass.

Maybe it's an "errors creeping in when you make a copy of a copy" kind of thing?
I think more likely to be intentional messing-with, fitting the Bad Batch theme.

Ok Wookiepedia says: "Omega was an unmodified, yet enhanced human female clone created from the genetic template of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett". It does not expand on this.

I don't get how "unmodified but enhanced" works, this seems like rules-lawyering to me lol but maybe they mean the genetic code is 100% Jango Fett (frowny face at the genetics of that but it's sorta technically possible and who knows if DNA is even a thing in Star Wars - we only got confirmation that "genetic strands" look a lot like DNA a few weeks ago), but she was treated in other ways (with drugs/chemicals, cybernetically, or whatever) to "enhance" her. This the pale hair could be a result of that "enhancement".

Ok Wookiepedia says: "Omega was an unmodified, yet enhanced human female clone created from the genetic template of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett". It does not expand on this.
Wookiepedia only repeats what Omega has said about herself, and she only knows what Nala Se has told her. I think we have to assume unreliable narrator here.

But we know the clones like to dye their hair to look different, it's entirely possible Omega simply has extremely permanently dyed hair. Sci-Fi hair dye.

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Skoll and Hati are the wolves that chase the sun and moon (and I believe eventually eat during Ragnarok) in Norse myth for possible reference
Hmmm... an interesting counterpoint to Ezra's connection to the Loth-wolves. A "war of the wolves?"

Zardnaar

Legend
Well, it could be a jedi temple that just happens to have black walls decorated with white geometric patterns...

There are standing stones dotted around, which we didn't see in Rebels, but worlds are pretty big, I'm sure we didn't see all of it.

They cast Ray Stephenson, not Christopher Lloyd!

I'm sure that if Thrawn wanted to bring in someone to counter Force sensitives, he would rather not have a raving nut job, if at all possible.

Did you notice the brief glimpse of a figure with an orange double bladed lightsabre wearing inquisitor style armor? Might have been a tooled up Hatti, might have been a third.

Think the lightsaber was red. Close up it had the inquisition circle hilt.

Zardnaar

Legend

View attachment 281382

He was in Shortland Street before Once Were Warriors. Brutal movie although its very good. Watched it at the theatre a long time ago.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
@Ruin Explorer: I’ve lived in NZ for 20 years now. I’m well acquainted with Temuera Morrison.

Google “unwhitewash the Bad Batch”. It’s an actual thing.

One thing I’d forgotten about, though, is that Omega’s status as a “pure” Fett clone is established in the show. Tech analyzes her DNA in season 1.

He was in Shortland Street before Once Were Warriors. Brutal movie although ots very good. Watched it at the theatre a long time ago.
I’ve even seen the rather dreadful sequel.

Last edited:

Remove ads