Ahsoka trailer

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The Facebook algorithm just decided to drop a T-shirt ad stating something like "My wife is an angel now and I miss her" on the timeline of a friend, who recently lost his wife, and is taking care of their two small children. I have never wanted more for a company to burn than I do, right now.
Jesus. And Facebook had explicitly promised to cut that crap out.

pukunui

Legend
The final scene of Rebels sees Sabine in her armor (with her hair still short) looking at the mural she painted of the Rebels cast. She turns and sees Ahsoka waiting for her in a white cloak and then goes to join her.

Judging by this trailer, I have a feeling they're going to revisit / retcon that scene to take into account things like the Night of a Thousand Tears. We see an older Sabine with longer hair and no armor on telling Ahsoka (who is not wearing a white cloak) that it's been a long time. We also see Sabine sitting on her bed looking at a hologram of Ezra. And we see a scene of Sabine wearing her armor, kneeling in front of a table with her helmet resting on it.

I suspect they'll retcon it so Sabine's been hiding her Mandalorian affiliation for years, and it will take Ahsoka's return and the hope of finding Ezra (and perhaps having to rise up and fight Thrawn again) to convince her to put it back on. The fact that we see her kneeling in front of her helmet makes me think that donning her armor again will be an important moment for her. (Depending on how Mando season 3 ends, they may also work in some sort of "It's OK for Mandalorians to come out into the open again" moment.)

EDIT: On a different note, is it just me, or is the whole "orrery" graphic encircling the Ahsoka logo reminiscent of the World Between Worlds? I wonder if that will come up again in this show? (So far the more mystical elements of the Force [including the Mortis 'gods'] have only ever been in the animated series.)

I'm also hoping that this show (or Filoni's just announced follow-up movie) will address Ahsoka's connection with the Daughter. Is Ahsoka the embodiment of the light side of the Force? (That would explain her "pure white" lightsabers, for instance.)

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Out there suggestion: Omega (she looks too young though).
I had both of these thoughts while watching it. I think Omega's story post-The Bad Batch will be shown in something else.
Yeah, I think Omega around 12 at the start of The Bad Batch, so she would be around 40 by the time of Ahsoka's show. Unless Omega ages more slowly than normal, she can't be the young woman with the orange lightsaber. I also can't really see Omega becoming a bad guy.

EDIT: Yes, that is Ivanna Sakhno playing Shin Hati, the apprentice of Ray Stevenson's Baylan Skoll. (Interestingly, Stevenson previously voiced Gar Saxon.) They are clearly antagonists, but their exact relationship with the Jedi and with Thrawn remains to be seen.

Last edited:

BRayne

Adventurer
Yeah, I think Omega around 12 at the start of The Bad Batch, so she would be around 40 by the time of Ahsoka's show. Unless Omega ages more slowly than normal, she can't be the young woman with the orange lightsaber. I also can't really see Omega becoming a bad guy.

EDIT: Yes, that is Ivanna Sakhno playing Shin Hati, the apprentice of Ray Stevenson's Baylan Skoll. (Interestingly, Stevenson previously voiced Gar Saxon.) They are clearly antagonists, but their exact relationship with the Jedi and with Thrawn remains to be seen.

Skoll and Hati are the wolves that chase the sun and moon (and I believe eventually eat during Ragnarok) in Norse myth for possible reference

I mean, not to mention the elephant in the room but I also can't see Omega becoming extremely white. The last time Hollywood thought it could get away with that was the early 2000s.
EDIT: On a different note, is it just me, or is the whole "orrery" graphic encircling the Ahsoka logo reminiscent of the World Between Worlds? I wonder if that will come up again in this show? (So far the more mystical elements of the Force [including the Mortis 'gods'] have only ever been in the animated series.)
It's definitely the World Between Worlds and I'll be shocked if it doesn't come into play in some season of Ahsoka.

pukunui

Legend
I mean, not to mention the elephant in the room but I also can't see Omega becoming extremely white. The last time Hollywood thought it could get away with that was the early 2000s.
Is she not extremely white already? All she's missing is blue eyes.

C'boath coming to canon?
Doesn't look like it. That guy's name is Baylan Skoll.

Silver and orange lightsabers look good in live action.
Ahsoka's sabers are white. But yes, they do look good, as do the orange ones. (I think my Cal currently has an orange saber, although previously it was purple.)

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of Rey's yellow lightsaber in her upcoming movie.

Remove ads