Al-Qadim: Land of Fate (5e conversion)

blakesha

Explorer
Using the stuff that is already on DMsGuild I have been able to run Al-Qadim material basically as written in the official material without much (any) hassles at all.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I just rediscovered this thread, and it's got some great stuff in it. Any chance it might be compiled into a PDF, even if you're not doing more work on the project right now?

Quickleaf

Legend
I just rediscovered this thread, and it's got some great stuff in it. Any chance it might be compiled into a PDF, even if you're not doing more work on the project right now?
Thanks @jayoungr ! It's not compiled into a single PDF. Unfortunately, right now I'm not able to do that because it's a big project (multiple files) and I'm busy with work/school. But if there's something specific you're looking for, feel free to PM me.

A couple personal things happened that knocked me off this project. Hopefully in a kinder 2021 or 2022 I'll have the opportunity to return to it.

Btw, I've been listening to a worthwhile discussion about Al-Qadim by Arab gamers on The Asians Represent Podcast | Critical Read (warning: it's a deep dive 7-part series with each video running ~1.5 hours long, and the audio on some of the speakers is not great). That comment around 45:40 from Ahmed Aljabry about "honor hobos" (a play on "murder hobos") is worth it alone.

rivertouch

First Post
Thanks! My sha'ir is awesome thematically. Mechanically it retains the feel of the original sha'ir without the multi-round casting times waiting for the gen, so for sticklers for the old sha'ir casting method it probably only feels like a half conversion. ;)

I suspect it won't be long before she tells you all about her character ;) Anything in particularl you'd like to see converted that I haven't done already?

Usually I'm big on uploading PDFs of my conversions, but while my computer is down my Internet access is thru tablet, so I won't get around to making a PDF yet. Probably once I've got all the player conversions I plan to do done, I'll upload a PDF that collects everything.
Any update on this? I just found this stuff and am having a blast from the past moment with it. I would LOVE to use some of this in the current adventures I am running!

Libertad

Hero
Btw, I've been listening to a worthwhile discussion about Al-Qadim by Arab gamers on The Asians Represent Podcast | Critical Read (warning: it's a deep dive 7-part series with each video running ~1.5 hours long, and the audio on some of the speakers is not great). That comment around 45:40 from Ahmed Aljabry about "honor hobos" (a play on "murder hobos") is worth it alone.

Aljabry was one of the guys who worked on a 5e conversion to al-Qadim. Different project so I dunno if it's in good taste to post it here, but it was released on the DM's Guild back in March.

Remove ads