D&D (2024) All about Ardlings

How animalistic are ardlings?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In my ears, "idyllic work conditions" means LEISURELY, nonstressful, and uncomplicated work environment.

Heh, "idyllic work" is almost an oxymoron.
Not necessarily, in practice it just means "ideal." Yes, etymologically confused, but lexicially it works.

Yaarel

He Mage
Not necessarily, in practice it just means "ideal." Yes, etymologically confused, but lexicially it works.
If you want to describe the True Good plane by the word "ideal", that can work, in the sense of a platonic ideal as well as idealism, a cause to rally around.

Indeed! Happily for me, my word nerdery has always been descriptive, rahttham prescriptive.
I sometimes feel protective of rarely-used words, myself (of which I feel idyllic is one, I mean, it's not super-rare, but ain't common) being changed in mean, particularly if it's to a very every day meaning which other common words already cover, because it seems like we end with fewer words and less ability to communicate complex stuff that way, but I really love fancy words probably too much (and love learning new ones).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I sometimes feel protective of rarely-used words, myself (of which I feel idyllic is one, I mean, it's not super-rare, but ain't common) being changed in mean, particularly if it's to a very every day meaning which other common words already cover, because it seems like we end with fewer words and less ability to communicate complex stuff that way, but I really love fancy words probably too much (and love learning new ones).
One of the benefits of having studied Medieval literature and language in College is that I see every word being pretty heavily abused that way, essentially.

Well, sure, obviously: but the number ofn12-24 year opds whonwant a furry Wingfield option is maybe greater than you might imagine.
5e already has a number of anthropomorphic animal races in it to satisfy quite a number of furries. ;)

1. Dragonborn
2. Aarakocra
3. Harengon
4. Kenku
5. Locathah
6. Owlin
7. Tabaxi
8. Tortle
9. Kobold
10. Lizardfolk
11. Minotaur
12. Giff
13. Hadozee
14. Thri-kreen.
15. Aven (MtG)
16. Khenra (MtG)
17. Naga (MtG)
18. Loxodon (MtG)
19. Leonin (MtG)

If the Ardlings were Aasimar of Guardinal descent, I would be happy. ;)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
5e already has a number of anthropomorphic animal races in it to satisfy quite a number of furries. ;)

1. Dragonborn
2. Aarakocra
3. Harengon
4. Kenku
5. Locathah
6. Owlin
7. Tabaxi
8. Tortle
9. Kobold
10. Lizardfolk
11. Minotaur
12. Giff
13. Hadozee
14. Thri-kreen.
15. Aven (MtG)
16. Khenra (MtG)
17. Naga (MtG)
18. Loxodon (MtG)
19. Leonin (MtG)

Yes, but this offers a unified furry option to cover anything, amd scratches the wingfic itch to boot. I think the survey results will be positive.

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage

1. Dragonborn
2. Aarakocra
3. Harengon
4. Kenku
5. Locathah
6. Owlin
7. Tabaxi
8. Tortle
9. Kobold
10. Lizardfolk
11. Minotaur
12. Giff
13. Hadozee
14. Thri-kreen.
15. Aven (MtG)
16. Khenra (MtG)
17. Naga (MtG)
18. Loxodon (MtG)
19. Leonin (MtG)

Each of these is a small percent, but if the ardling can tap into all of them, it might be on par with other core races.

I still hope I can also use the ardling as an awsimar or deva with a human head.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases