D&D General Allegations of AI Usage Cause unnecessary Controversy

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
It will get worse. Give it a year and you'll see lots of fully AI-created videos on YouTube algorithmically designed to get clicks.
I think I remember reading something about content creators that use bots to view, upvote, subscribe, and comment on their own videos, too. They upload a new video, then activate the bot, and ten minutes later they have a thousand views and a page full of comments.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
This is one of the really annoying things- in the back of my head now I constantly think "is this AI?"
That, and searching for art for my online games, I need to sift through all the obvious AI crap that shows up in my google image results.
Not comfortable with just picking out art you like for your own table?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
What do you mean? I'm saying that picking out art for tokens etc is made more difficult because of all the AI chaff that show up in results nowadays.
Ok. I thought you were checking if something was AI before you decided to use it for your home game, whether or not you actually liked the piece. If the AI stuff you're seeing is all garbage anyway, then nevermind. My mistake.

Last edited:

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
It will get worse. Give it a year and you'll see lots of fully AI-created videos on YouTube algorithmically designed to get clicks.
There's already tons of AI videos with just made up stories about celebrities dying, or natural disasters destroying a city, etc, although I assume there's at least a human behind it to edit it together. But the scripts and voice are definitely AI, I ran into some a while ago, a few had hundreds of thousands of views.

Remove ads