Allowed races

can you post what races are actually allowed to be in the tavern unhidden and those that must be hidden and the law associated with discovering such creatures

Magi_Siani

First Post
They are listed in the Tavern Setting Rules, the ones that I felt needed addressing directly. Other types I tend to treat on a case by case basis; I have allowed some types to be experimented with to see if they'd work. I don't do it often as inevitably it causes some folk to complain that theirs isn't allowed but someone else's is.

The guideline is first that Ford Keep is in the Domain of Greyhawk. They tend to be rather xenophobic on the whole due to the wars fought not long past that involved all manner of nasty gribblies. I have allowed Drow from the Forgotten Realms to be in the Tavern as a nod to some of the really excellent players and characters and because they aren't all screamingly evil from there. I expressly forbade Greydhavian Drow as they are unalterably evil and simply don't mix with humans. Unless they are killing them.

I won't make an exhaustive list as that would be impractical and far too long...and leave loopholes by the dozen. So the decision on a character is mine to make. If you have one you want me to consider me, email me the dessie.

Siani

I've always wondered this. and my question applies to any setting
What about video game characters, i know they arent in books or well known but i'm just curious as to if they'd be allowed depending on what they are, my example is from makai kingdom. i'd love to know if since the characters are demons but look nearly human and have zero powers (with the exception of weapon based ones) would they be allowed?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
You can check the setting restriction details on the links at the top of the ISRP forum pages (under "Settings" ;-)) to see for yourself if the things that make them only "nearly human" count or not. If you're still uncertain about whether or not it would fit in the Oerth or Faerun rooms, you'll have to post more details of what it looks like, or send an e-mail to Siani or Nashira at isrpmagi@gmail.com.

Any sort of character at all is allowed (and welcome!) in the Sigil rooms, which are the Great Bazaar and the Cage.

Magi_Siani

First Post
Looks like an elf on steroids. Lose the ankle and wrist weights and it works, as long as there's no flashing of pointed teeth, horns appearing, or any of that sort. As long as it looks like an elf, he can be in without disguise. Note that going around telling people he's a demon openly isn't allowed; do that in PMs. If he's going to look different to an elf in any unusual way, he's to be in disguise, exactly as the rules state.

Really, this picture is easily covered by the rules as stated under the setting; my comments just serve to reinforce that.

Siani

Remove ads