Altered Carbon RPG Kickstarting Now

Working alongside Skydance Television and the incredible team behind the hit Netflix TV series, the Altered Carbon RPG Kickstarter is here to immerse you in the neon-drenched cyberpunk sandbox that is significantly unique and different from R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk Red RPG. Also, this game uses the "Hazard" system that is modeled around Cortex and Savage Worlds, so should be easy to attract...

Working alongside Skydance Television and the incredible team behind the hit Netflix TV series, the Altered Carbon RPG Kickstarter is here to immerse you in the neon-drenched cyberpunk sandbox that is significantly unique and different from R. Talsorian's Cyberpunk Red RPG.

Also, this game uses the "Hazard" system that is modeled around Cortex and Savage Worlds, so should be easy to attract new Players to try this.

And you can get the quickstart available free too. Altered Carbon: The Role Playing Game

cover_altered_carbon_rpg_quickstart.jpg

Von Ether

Legend
Also, this game uses the "Hazard" system that is modeled around Cortex and Savage Worlds,

I'm going to have to look more into that because that's saying a game has a dice pool mechanic.

And there's a lot of difference in dice pool games (the current vogue is counting successes, but others have you counting pips and there are many ways to eliminate those successes or store them up for later use.)

I guess we could call this mechanic, "Skills as Die Sizes" or some such.

Ulfgeir

Hero
People are talking about it on Reddit as well, and they are NOT happy with the system. And also discussions about needing to separate the art from the artist given some opinions that the author of the books has.

People are talking about it on Reddit as well, and they are NOT happy with the system. And also discussions about needing to separate the art from the artist given some opinions that the author of the books has.

Richard Morgan, much like J.K. Rowling in that respect. sigh

Ulfgeir

Hero
@Paragon Lost: if the question-mark was regarding the opinions, well let's just say some people branded him a TERF when he defended J.K. Rowling in some tweets. And as a result his Twitter-account were closed down.

I'll leave it to say that it is a touchy subject, and some people have very strong opinions on it. Google it if you like.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Thanks, I was very confused. I'll go and Google it now that I have a bit more information. I was about to ask for the Reddit thread.

imagineGod

Legend
Over $146,000 for the Altered Carbon Kickstarter today, and totally destroys GeneFunk 2090. Who knows, this may even surpass Eclipse Phase's sales with 27 days still left to go to pre-order the Altered Carbon RPG.

The power of a Netflix TV show is real. And the news that Anthony Mackie is headlining Season 2 in the role of Takeshi Kovacs, even better.

altered_carbon_anthony_mackie.png

Remove ads

Remove ads