• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

alternate 3E dual-classing idea...

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I;ve long wanted to make a semi-gestalt system based on FF Tactics, where you had a primary and secondary class. You got everything from the primary class -- HD, saves, skill points, class features, etc... -- and could multiclass it as normal. You also would have a secondary class that ONLY gave class features, proficiencies, class skills (but not points), spells/powers/maneuvers and could never be multiclassed. The secondary class would advance at a slower rate, something like 2/3 progression in levels*, sto reinforce that it is the secondary class and to make Fighter/Wizard at least a little more balanced against Wizard/Fighter (if they both advanced in level on a 1:1 basis, there'd be no reason to take the latter over the former, unless you really dig will saves).

The goal was to have something high powered, but not quite as powerful as gestalt. I kinda gave up once I played gestalt and realized how freaking awesome it was, and that even though gestalt almost needs smaller parties to be balanced...I kind of liked smaller parties. Simple enough concept ot put together if you really wanted to, though.

* Which would be based on primary class level, not xp, for simplicity. So you'd start out 1/0, then level up to 2/1, 3/2, 4/2, 5/3, etc... Not actually sure if 2/3 would be the ideal proportion, maybe 3/4 is better, I don't know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads