• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternate Class Features

Do you allow Alternate Class Features?

• Yes, in 90%+ of cases

Votes: 67 54.9%
  • Sometimes 25%-90% (Or 89 if you want to be precise)

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • Rarely 1-25% (24, see above)

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • No I do not

Votes: 7 5.7%

Greg K

Legend
Thurbane said:
I'd really like to see an alternate version of the Barbarian, that gives up berserking in place of mounted combat styles, ala the Mongols...

Start with the Barbarian hunter variant from UA which loses rage in exchange for the ranger's combat style. Then, tailor the combat style to mounted combat.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Actually I allow them in 89.4% of cases so there is no acceptable option for me. (jk)

I allow alternate class features all the time with only a couple exceptions. I don't like the ones for the bard or the rogue from the PH2. I feel the designers were trying to give love to classes they felt were too weak, but the bard and rogue are two of the most powerful classes in the game IMHO so I don't allow those variants as I feel they add too much counter-balance.

Talmun

First Post
I voted "rarely" since the upcoming Castle Ravenloft game is the first time. I'm letting the PC's have the option of being members of the Lightbringers from the start. So far one Pally has taken me up on it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads