• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternate PDF for FR-Serpent Kingdoms?

Slightly off-topic.

Is Serpent Kingdoms the best book (in printed form or PDF) to get for information on Yuan-ti and all things serpent related? I am waiting for Serpent Kingdoms to come in the mail so it is a bit late now if it isn't but I'm curious to see what people think anyway.

Olaf the Stout

DMH

First Post
Lion's Den Press' Iconics of Fantasy has an alternate version of yuan-ti. Clockwork Golem Workshop has Legacy of the Serpent (feats, classes and a serpent race).

Brakkart

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
Slightly off-topic.

Is Serpent Kingdoms the best book (in printed form or PDF) to get for information on Yuan-ti and all things serpent related? I am waiting for Serpent Kingdoms to come in the mail so it is a bit late now if it isn't but I'm curious to see what people think anyway.

Olaf the Stout

I've got both Serpent Kingdoms and Ssethregore, and I get a lot more use of the SK book than the other. SK covers Yuan-ti, Nagas, Sarrukh (really powerful creators of the other reptilian races), Lizardfolk of various sorts, Pteramen, Ophidians and more. As well as racial chapters, some very cool feats and spells, you get geographic entries for all the snakeish places in Faerun. I'd say it is the best book out there for the snakeish races, and it is stuffed with ideas for campaigns. You haven't wasted your money that's for sure!

Ssethregore is a good companion book to it, and is worth it if only for the monsters chapter which details someting like a dozen new varieties of Lizardfolk, most of which are very cool and will surprise your players the next time they think they know what to expect from Lizardfolk.

I can also reccomend Monster Manual III, for the Black Scale (big brutes) and Poison Dusk (sneaky little guys) varieities of Lizardfolk and the Ssvaklors (Yuan-ti/Dragon crossbreeds), all of which I used to great effect in my recently completed Rise of the Snakemen campaign.

Banshee16

First Post
Voadam said:

Secrets of the Asaathi rocks....I have it in print format, and it's a very cool book. If it's available for free through DriveThru, be sure to grab it..

I actually find the Asaathi and their "story" cooler than regular Yuan-Ti.

Banshee

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Banshee,

It's still free following that link. And yes the Assatthi = way cooler than Yu-tian. :) Especially if you can use Samurai with them. Plus some pretty sweet Pr-classes, feats and abilities too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads