• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Alternative to turning undead

What do you think of this ability?

• This ability is too good

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • This ability is too weak

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • This ability is the correct power level

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Poll closed .

Beholder Bob

First Post
1.0. Remove spontaneous casting of cure and infict spells...
1.1.All clerics shouldnt be tied to posative and negative energy like they are...
1.2.For instance fire domain could let you blast fire instead of inflict spells...
2.0. Instead of...number of times per day you can channel...sack spells...to channel

1.0> yep - gone
1.1> no auto tie to the pos/neg
1.2> yeah, that’s the idea - channeling output derived from your school/domain focus
2.0> I'm limiting channeling uses per day, but you can pump spells into some channeling methods to boost them (such as Beneficence III, Benevolent Grace II & III.. I need to add some to the animal forms, most likely for duration).

The replacement for the cleric is fairly different.
1) I've removed domains, though they can take focus in Healing, Naturomancy, Astrology, and Necromancy.
2) They are spontaneous casters.
3) They know all spells from the godsman list (small), and get to add spells from their study focus.
4) For each study focus, there are to be 8-12 ways to channel for that focus.

Modifications affecting the game-
A) There is a roll to successfully cast a spell - a problem all spell casters deal with.
B) Damage is more severe, I'm using HP and Hits to Kill (HTK), with HP knocking you out, but your low total of HTK being lethal. It’s scary to take, hard to heal, and in general makes combat much scarier. This impacts melee folks

B:]B

SpiralBound

Explorer
Uh BoB,

This Godsman is really cool, but with all the revisions, suggestions for revisions, and countermanded-layered-multi-revisions-with-all-new-realstic-godsman-action(TM) I've lost track of what is and isn't a Godsman! ;) Could you post a complete and compliled, latest version of the entire class? It looks like something that I'd REALLY like to use in my campaign... :)

Beholder Bob

First Post
GODSMAN

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d6
Skill Points: 2
Funds: 10*4d4 gp

Class Skills: Diplomacy, Spell Craft, Gather Information, Heal, Knowledge (Arcana, Culture, Planar, and Religion), Perform, Search, Concentration, Sense Motive, Craft, and profession.
Weapon Proficiency: All simple weapons
Armor Proficiency: With light armor
Saves: Will Good
Base Attack: Poor

1..1st Channel 2/day, Method, 1st Devotion
2..Re-Roll Save 1/day
3..Method
4..Channel 3/day
5..Re-Roll Save 2/day
6..Aura Sense
7..Method
8..Channel 4/day
9.Re-Roll Save 3/day
10.2nd Devotion
11.Method
12.Channel 5/day
13.Re-Roll Save 4/day
14.Grounding 1/day
15.Power Sink 1/day
16.Method
17.Channel 6/day
18.Grounding 2/day
19.Power Sink 2/day
20.Method

Spells per day: as cleric
Spells known: all godsman spells & limited # (per sorcerer spell's known) of spells drawn from devotion.
Spells Cast: Uses WIS for bonus spells, DC, & max spell Level able to learn. Spells are cast spontaneously
Renewal: Regain spells and channeling uses after 8 HR rest.
Channel: Uses CHA as the prime statistic, each use is a standard action unless noted otherwise.
Method: How channeling may be used – see chart for options and prerequisites for the methods.
Devotion: You may choose from Healing, Naturomancy, Astrology, and Necromancy.
Grounding: as a swift action, sacrifice twice as many spell levels as a spell striking you or a target within 10’ of you, to negate that spell. This ability can only be used while you stand on a solid surface.
Re-roll Save: as a swift action, re-roll a failed save. Only 1 Re-roll per saving throw.
Aura Sense: You feel auras, giving you a +2 sense motive and identify spell casters by touch. You do not know what there power level is, simply that they are casters by the scars on their soul.
Power Sink: You create an anti magic field centered on yourself. It may not be dismissed once initiated.

CHANNELING METHODS

Animal Channeling Method: Requires access to Naturomancy

Animal Forms I (SU): Transform into an animal (of no more HD then you) the same size or 1 size smaller then your size for up to 10 MIN/LV. Changing form is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You may only make a single transformation with each use, then return to your normal form at the end as a free action. You know 1 animal form per Godsman level, chosen from animals you’ve encountered. While transformed, you use the animal’s description in the MM, except you use your own INT, WIS, CHA, HP, skills, and feats. You gain all of the animal’s traits, abilities, and limitations (including the loss of speech except while in raven or parrot form). You may not cast spells while transformed, though you may speak with animals of the same or related species. Your equipment does not change form, alter in size, nor get absorbed into your new form.

Animal Forms II (SU): Requires Animal Forms I. Transformation lasts ½ HR/LV & may be as small as 2 sizes smaller.

Animal Forms III (SU): Requires Animal Forms II. You may now take a form 1 size larger, and may change from 1 type of animal to another once during a usage (i.e. turn to crow, fly into castle, transform then into wolf)

Shape Changer (SU): Requires - Animal Forms III. You gain 5/silver DMG reduction while transformed.

Greater Form (SU): Requires - Animal Forms III. You may take a form 2 sizes larger then your base size.

Many Forms (SU): Requires - Animal Forms I. You learn 4 new animal forms.

Wondrous Form (SU): Requires - Animal Forms I. You may learn forms that you’ve never encountered.

Animal Casting (SU): Requires - Animal Forms II. Cast spells while transformed as a +1 level meta-magic effect – components are still requirements.

Beneficence Channeling Method: Requires access to Healing

Beneficence I (SU): Grant an ally you are able to perceive within 30’ of you, a +2 to saving throws. This bonus lasts for 1 round. This is a free action and can be used quickly enough that an ally about to roll a save can benefit, and is considered a quickened spell/action for you that can be used out of turn. PCs are limited to 1 quickened spell per round. You may not target yourself with this ability.

Beneficence II (SU): Requires Beneficence I. You now grant a +4 save and you can reach 60’.

Beneficence III (SU): Requires Beneficence II. You may sacrifice a spell as part of beneficence and grant the +4 save to a number of allies equal to the spell level + 1.

Martyrs Sacrifice (SU): Requires Beneficence III. Targeting a single ally, you take upon yourself ½ the damage an ally takes (per the spell shield other) for 1 R/Caster level. You may dismiss this ability at will as a free action.

Benevolent Grace (SU): Requires Beneficence I. Grant an ally within 30’ d4 + 1/Godsman level temporary HP. This benefit lasts for 1 R/Godsman LV. Use of this ability requires a standard action.

Benevolent Grace II (SU): Requires Benevolent Grace. You may sacrifice a spell as part of Benevolent Grace and grant its effects to a number of allies equal to the spell level +1. Your range increases to 60’.

Benevolent Grace III (SU): Requires Benevolent Grace II. You may sacrifice a spell as part of Benevolent Grace and grant a bonus to saves and attack rolls equal to the Spell Level. You may target multiple allies (per Benevolent Grace II) – but to increase the bonus received, you must sacrifice a spell for each creature.

Mantle of the Giver (SU): Requires Beneficence I. When you make a save, you can, prior to rolling a saving throw, choose to expend a spell for a bonus to the save equal to the spell’s level. This is a free action can be used quickly enough to be used as a free action (counting as a quickened spell) and can be used out of turn. PCs are limited to 1 quickened spell per round.

Plant Channeling Method: Requires access to Naturomancy

Plant Form (SU): Transform into a live tree or shrub within 1 size category of your normal form and retain it for up to 10 MIN/LV. Changing into a plant is a standard action and transforming back is a free action – neither provokes an attack of opportunity. This ability can only be used in an area with soil – it fails when attempted on metal or solid stone. While in use, you gain 30’ radius tremor-sense (via your root system), but lose your visual and olfactory sense. You have a 0’ movement, 0 dexterity, +10 natural armor, and immune to crucial hits. To all examination, you are a normal plant. Your equipment does not change form, alter in size, nor get absorbed into your new form.

Plant Barrier (SU): You can force plant creature to move and stay at least 20’ away from you unless it makes a WILL DC 10 + 1/3 your Godsman level. It may not touch or attack creatures or objects within that area, though every round it is attacked by a creature in the protected area, it receives a new save to resist this ability, and the effect is lost if you move closer then 20’ to the plant creature.

Plant Command (SU): d

Plant Animation I (SU): Animate a small or tiny plant. By sacrificing a spell, you animate additional plants equal to the level of the spell sacrificed. Treat the animated plants as animated objects made of wood. Trees have a hardness of 8, while vines and shrubs have hardness of 5 and Constrict.

Plant Animation II (SU): Requires Plant Animation I. You animate a medium plant and can animate an additional medium plant for every 2 spell levels sacrificed.

Plant Animation III (SU): Requires Plant Animation I. You animate a large plant and can animate an additional large plant for every 3 spell levels sacrificed. Trees have Trample.

Child of the Woods I (SU): A versatile channeling method, it has 3 applications, none of which harm the plants used. A spell can be sacrificed when used, allowing 1 additional creature to benefit from the effects per spell level sacrificed.
1) A willing recipient can Pass without Trace (per the spell) while in area laden with plant life.
2) d
3) d

As you can see - I'm still working on it...B:]B

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads