AMA Russ Morrissey (Morrus) (EN World, EN Publishing, ENnies, WOIN)

Astrosicebear

First Post
ENWorld has evolved alot of the last few years, from a news site, to a community, and now a publisher and content deliverer.

Where do you see ENWorld going in the future? What's the grand vision, or at least your wildest dream?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are you currently playing in any of the ENWorld PbP threads?
If not, have you ever?

I never have done. I simply don't have the time, sadly. I've never played any RPG online.

If you ever had time to run a PbP game, which setting would you DM and what scenario would you create?

Hmmm. A Star Trek campaign using N.E.W., possibly. That would be fun!

neobolts

Explorer
How long were you kicking around the idea of WOIN before you launched?
In your own games, are you more interested in keeping the flavors separate or doing a mash up?

paleblade

Explorer
How have things progressed with upgrading the webpage from the Kickstarter?
How are things going with the final rewards from the KS (dice, t shirts)?
What issues did you have running a KS?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
1st I'd like to say Maybe you should fly to Gen Con on Tuesdays.

Surprisingly, we did think of that. There are various reasons why that's not particularly feasible.

What would you like the website doing in the next 10 years?

I don't know what the internet will look like in 10 years, but I suspect that communities like this will look very different - if they still exist at all. EN World will still be here, but the platform/tech isn't something I can predict. Hell, it predates social networking by a whole bunch of years! I'd ideally like much more comprehensive coverage of tabletop RPGs, but I do as much as I can about the stuff I know about.

Have you played any memorable Forgotten Realms Adventures?

Nope! :)

What are the top 3 things you are watching on British television at the moment?

It's a quiet season for the sort of stuff I watch. I guess Have I Got News For You is about it right now. Generally, my stuff is Doctor Who, gritty British crime drama, and science shows. Top Gear is gone now.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
ENWorld has evolved alot of the last few years, from a news site, to a community, and now a publisher and content deliverer.

Where do you see ENWorld going in the future? What's the grand vision, or at least your wildest dream?

Heh - you got the order wrong! It started as a content deliverer, then became a news site, and then - when Eric's site closed - finally became a community. EN Publishing (back when it was called Natural 20 Press) was part of that first rush of OGL products. Wild Spellcraft was our first release, and it did *really* well (then again, there was no competition back then - I couldn't replicate that success now!)

I'd like to do more of the TV/video stuff but I'm not very good at it! And I'm naturally quite shy, so I have to work my way up to that sort of thing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How long were you kicking around the idea of WOIN before you launched?

Hmmm. Years, I think. Not that I planned to do it years ago, but I thought about it. I certainly thought about how I would do certain things.

In your own games, are you more interested in keeping the flavors separate or doing a mash up?

Separate. I like strong themes.

neobolts

Explorer
Separate. I like strong themes.

Interesting. The mash up of OLD/NEW/NOW is what excites me most about WOIN. For me, WOIN has tapped into a bit of GURPS nostalgia of all things. I'm picturing some gonzo mashup where space wizards crash land on 1980s Earth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases