• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazing Tales from Centropolis

GreenKarl

First Post
As Felix somewhat disconnected from the doomsday robot's central AI command, defusing the bomb the robot shuttered and starting turning back towards Centropolis. Suddenly the wretched hatchway access port slammed shut and a hologram project of the evil and mad Doctor Apocalypse appeared in the center of the room, with a mocking laugh his voice (somewhat muffed with static) "Did you honestly think that you could defeat my genius so easily? This robot was a trap... A trap to catch any meddling heroes from foiling my plan. NOW you will die and the world will quake in fear!"

Suddenly Silver Streak feels some type of machinery shifting within the whole of the robot as the lights all go out within the interior of the machine...

GM: many of you can see in the dark and the Princess might be glowing with light anyway but just as an FYI.
Also you have ONE round to do something before the next round when something happens...

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
27yvqxy.jpg

The Shadow
Centropolis Plaza/Inside giant death robot
Saturday, February 11, 2017/12:01 PM
Round 16

OOC: Shadow was heading through the robot toward the head looking for a command center (passing through walls with his shadowform)

Shadow heard the voice of the crazy Dr. Apocalypse and got on the comm with Felix. “What’s it doing now?” he asked. And what was the villain doing back in the city? “Do we have any contact with the city? Can they give us a sitrep?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Regeneration: 5/5r
Hero Points: 0
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
As the Shadow passes through the main body of the giant robot he spots a huge device concealed within its chest. He thinks that it looks nothing if not like a giant bomb, and there are 6 seconds left on the countdown! He is fairly confident that is will suffer no affects as a shadow, he is not so sure about his friends below...

Shayuri

First Post
"Uh...nope! Not liking the sound of that!"

Kitsune holds her hands out in front of her...more just to give her a frame of reference to help her aim, and directs a beam of blinding light at the now-sealed panel of the door, trying to cut it like a laser torch!

(Using Extra Effort to get a bonus to damage! Not sure if an attack roll is a thing for a door, but since it has multiattack maybe I get more damage out of a good roll? :) She'll just be targeting anything that looks like a weak point; if that's applicable. [roll0] DC23 + extra effort bonus + multiattack if applicable. Fingers crossed!)

Silver Streak joins Kitsune in trying to blast the door open
OOC: Using Extra Effort to boost Lightning Bolt 1 rank to 10 (DC 25).
From inside, the door should count as an object - no roll required to hit, but if you roll and hit, it's a crit.
[roll0]

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Indeed, so Kitsune's Attack deals 28+2 for Extra Effort for a DC 30 and Silver Streak's is also a 30 then; Toughness saves : 1D20+16 = [10]+16 = 26; 1D20+16 = [2]+16 = 18, so it fails by one degree vs. Kitsune so -1 to future saves, and fails by 3 degrees vs. Silver Streak's which means it is broken!!!!

Kitsune and the Silver Streak both combine to attack the new hatch that formed as the mad doctor made his announcement, causing the metal to buckle and smash open!!! The pair can see that the robot is still about 200+ feet off the ground (that is rushing by at 500 miles per hour!!!)

The Princess stares at the ground racing by faster than she can fly. Apologetically she turns to the others as her wings unfurl, and says, "I don't think I can carry anyone."
OOC: Strength -1 means her lift is 25 pounds. I can't find anything about carry capacity and flight though in the SRD.

Remove ads