Amazon Classifies D&D As Health, Fitness, & Dieting Books

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/22/dungeons-and-dragons-amazon-health-book/ So healthy! It must be all those Cheetos and healing potions. And maybe Satan? Weird, that's all I can think of to say about it.

To paraphrase an older joke...

“I’m into fitness…fitness giant D&D book into my already bursting shelves.”

To be fair, D&D (at its best) encourages social interaction and friendships, which are quite important to mental health.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgsugden

Legend
???

Are you saying that you somehow get STD-immune when you enter into a relationship? It was a funny joke, lighten up.
Stop it. The "joke" is that people playing D&D are unlikely to find any sex partners, and thus won't get STDs. Don't act like it has something to do with immunity to STDs.

It is an old joke, it is ridiculously out of date, and it is not funny. Honestly, it never was. It is a joke that someone makes because they heard someone else make it, and they're repeating it because they have a lack of original thought. It is the type of joke that bullies make.

Aston12

First Post
Stop it. The "joke" is that people playing D&D are unlikely to find any sex partners, and thus won't get STDs. Don't act like it has something to do with immunity to STDs.

It is an old joke, it is ridiculously out of date, and it is not funny. Honestly, it never was. It is a joke that someone makes because they heard someone else make it, and they're repeating it because they have a lack of original thought. It is the type of joke that bullies make.

I thought it was pretty funny. It's a light-hearted jab at the D&D community, same as the jokes about our beards, what snacks we consume, and how we obsess over dice.

I too know plenty of players who don't fit the typical "nerd" stereotype at all, but they're not offended to be grouped with such people (in fact, they embrace it!).

Totally agree with the others that you need to lighten up a little, not everything is horribly offensive :)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)

Yes, I too dislike The Big Bang Theory :p

jgsugden

Legend
I thought it was pretty funny. It's a light-hearted jab at the D&D community, same as the jokes about our beards, what snacks we consume, and how we obsess over dice.

I too know plenty of players who don't fit the typical "nerd" stereotype at all, but they're not offended to be grouped with such people (in fact, they embrace it!).

Totally agree with the others that you need to lighten up a little, not everything is horribly offensive :)
No. We should not be tolerating this type of thing. These forums have rules against speaking about groups (whether they are grouped by hobby, belief, sexual preference, gender or race) in an insulting manner.

"No. We should not be tolerating this type of thing."

Disagree. There is a fine tradition of "It's not offensive if it's directed at the group in question by a member of the group in question". We are gamers. We can make whatever comments about ourselves that we choose.

For reference, See "Words that can only be referred to as their first letter" for examples.

Also, have you ever TRIED a finely chopped Players Handbook with some kale and cranberries and a little raspberry vinaigrette? Delicious AND packed with a double helping of Vitamin D.

So healthy!

Remove ads

Remove ads