Amazon Orders

Fedifensor

Explorer
Ordered the PH along with the latest Harry Potter book on June 16th. Got the Harry Potter book on the day it was released (June 21st, I believe). Amazon still hasn't sent the PH, and the delivery estimate is still Jul 8, 2003 - Jul 9, 2003.

I placed a second order for the DMG and MM on July 1st, and they haven't shipped either. The delivery estimate is still Jul 9, 2003 - Jul 10, 2003.

If they don't ship tomorrow, I'm considering cancelling my orders. I know that my FLGS will have it on the 18th...

Dark Jezter

First Post
My PHB and DMG have shipped from amazon.com.

The MM still hasn't, though.

Still, I'm excited because even though the free shipping says it takes 5-7 buisiness days, I usually recieve my orders in 2-3 buisiness days.

Yair

Community Supporter
My MM, DMG, and 2 PHB just shipped (by Amazon).
Which means I'll be getting them in about a month... ahh, the hardships of living overseas...

The Souljourner

First Post
I cancelled my order from Amazon today and put one in at walmart. I have had it with the crap that has been going on with Amazon. I saved $13 over what I was paying on amazon (books were all individually cheaper, and so was overnight shipping), and I'm a heck of a lot more certain I'll get all my books at the time they tell me I will. It's possible I could have gotten the books tomorrow through Amazon, if they shipped them today, but I wasn't sure that was going to happen, and from the sounds of it, maybe the Monster Manual isn't ready. Either way, I'll take the extra day of wait to insure that I actually get what I ordered.

I'm really disappointed with Amazon, and sent them an email telling them exactly why I cancelled my order and the fact that I was ordering from Walmart instead. Maybe next time they'll be a little more careful.

-The Souljourner

Last edited:

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
7/16 release date

I think a lot of the confusion is that the books have a release date of July 16. Some of the stock that the publisher sent is being received even today, in preperation for that 7/16 release date. If you've got an order in, I'd wait and see what happens on 7/16--and if you've got questions, email "orders@amazon.com".

-z

War Golem

First Post
Just thought I'd chime in to say that at 1 PM local time, Amazon notified me by email that my order of 7 PHB, 3 DMG and 3 MM had shipped.

I always opt for super-saver shipping, which they claim will take 5-9 business days to deliver, but I think everything has always arrived within 2-3.

Cheers,

Coik

First Post
TalonComics said:

Imagine what the media would do if they found out Wal-Mart had a deal to sell the Harry Potter book a week before everyone else.

Well, that depends on who owns the media company in question. If the parent company has Wal-Mart stock, they'd probably praise it as one of the most masterful marketing moves in economics.

I honestly don't know why WotC bothers with street dates. It's pretty much confirmed that no one (except the distrubutors they can withhold product from) honors them, and one would think that it would be to their advantage to get the books out there as soon as they're ready. After all, the sooner they sell, the sooner they sell out, meaning the reorders happen sooner, which in turns means WotC gets to make a second bank deposit a lot sooner. (It also means that the inital rush will be over sooner, but the business mind is unable to comprehend the amount of time invovled for that to happen...profits now, everything else can wait)

My low-grade mocking of Adam Smith and his invisible hand aside, didja have any luck, Derek?

Remove ads