• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Orphans unite!

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
catsclaw227 said:
Also, does anyone know if the individual MMs and DMGs were delayed at Amazon as well? They seem to show immediate availability on the website.

I ordered a DMG and an MM last night to use up the Amazon Gift Cards I had. Shipped in less than 12 hours.

Rykion

Explorer
Cirex said:
I still can change mine, even if it says that the shipping estimate is 12-13th.

I asked for a discount for the grief I was suffering and got a $5 discount. However, I'm still wondering if they will be able to process my credit card this time...
Do you know if the original 45 euro hold has been removed yet? It's posssible, as you've mentioned, that with the hold in place there isn't enough money on the card for the purchase to clear.

Cirex

First Post
Rykion said:
Do you know if the original 45 euro hold has been removed yet? It's posssible, as you've mentioned, that with the hold in place there isn't enough money on the card for the purchase to clear.

I just got a payment error, so that's a possibility. It's highly unethical to have money on hold and not free it after the order is cancelled. What if I just want to buy something else? I can't.
I will wait till 17th, when the hold is already over, to revise my payment method.

Rykion

Explorer
Cirex said:
I just got a payment error, so that's a possibility. It's highly unethical to have money on hold and not free it after the order is cancelled. What if I just want to buy something else? I can't.
I will wait till 17th, when the hold is already over, to revise my payment method.
Unfortunately, in the US at least, this is becoming a common problem. Businesses like hotels and the pumps at gas stations put large holds on a credit or debit card when used. It can take a few days for the hold to be released and the charges to go through. This means that someone who should have plenty of available credit or money in their debit account can find themselves unable to use it.

F5

Explorer
As an interesting side-note...I had resolved to cancel my Amazon order and get it from Buy.com, as some other people here had done. They offer it for the same discounted price.

BUT

Buy.com is sold out of the gift set, as of about an hour ago.

:D

I guess it's fair to say that sales of the new books have been, um...good?

Getting them individually from Amazon comes to 62.91...about $5 more than you'd get for the boxed set. And they're available to ship immediately. Buy.com seems to only have the PHB individually, not the MM and DMG. The boxed set is the #1 seller in books, today...

Barnes and Noble.com has it for $75-ish, discounted to 66.11 for "members". The individual books are available for 22.01, but the Gift Set and the PHB are listed as "usually ships in 1 or 2 days", so beware of back-orders there, too.

Borders Online has the individual books for the same amount as Amazon, but no gift set, and the MM is back-ordered.

Even getting them individually, Amazon is still the best deal out there, among the major retailers. If only I wasn't miffed at their blow-off response to my e-mail, and too stubborn to bite the bullet and send them any money...

Anyone else know of any good deals to be had?

Cirex

First Post
Rykion said:
Unfortunately, in the US at least, this is becoming a common problem. Businesses like hotels and the pumps at gas stations put large holds on a credit or debit card when used. It can take a few days for the hold to be released and the charges to go through. This means that someone who should have plenty of available credit or money in their debit account can find themselves unable to use it.

That's just untolerable. If the shipment errors were due this I will be very angry. They are holding the money, but they can't charge the same money? And I can't use it somewhere else?

I'll be a bit more patient and see what happens Tuesday, but I am not very happy about this situation.

Argyuile

First Post
Cirex said:
That's just untolerable. If the shipment errors were due this I will be very angry. They are holding the money, but they can't charge the same money? And I can't use it somewhere else?

I'll be a bit more patient and see what happens Tuesday, but I am not very happy about this situation.

In the US there is some pending legislation about putting holds on credit cards. I wish I could give you the exact number of the bill but its a pain in the ass to find what your looking for on the congress site if you don't know the exact ref number of the bill you need.

Cirex

First Post
A conversation with them by phone may not help anything. I don't trust enough my "heard" English to speak with someone who may not be a native English speaker.

It could be just too confusing.

jinnetics

Explorer
I just gave up on my boxed set. I had Amazon call me and I explained how I wanted them to send me the 3 individual books, for the same price... the guy (who sounds like he is here in the U.S.!) canceled the boxed set, and gave me a $25.00 "promotional discount" that applied automatically to my next order.... so I actually came out way ahead, getting all 3 for $44!

I used it to upgrade my shipping a bit!

Remove ads