D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

Dragon heist is a terrible module and a great toolkit.

As far as I'm concerned it's really just support, starting adventure, and between delves base for Waterdeep: Mad Mage of Undermountain. I still don't know why they haven't done a Tyranny of Dragons style book for Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Also of note, Van Richten's selling at $15 right now, it's at #1,833 in book rankings - not as good, but certainly in the running.

(The sale prices on some of 5E's books right now is just crazy!).

I think they are likely just cleaning up space for stuff like One D&D and other the D&D products coming out this year.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
As far as I'm concerned it's really just support, starting adventure, and between delves base for Waterdeep: Mad Mage of Undermountain. I still don't know why they haven't done a Tyranny of Dragons style book for Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
Rise of Tiamat and Hoard of the Dragon Queen were far thinner than the later books, only 192 pages together (similar to Spelljammer but far thicker paper). The Waterdeep books have over 540 pages combined, far more than any official D&D book.

Rise of Tiamat and Hoard of the Dragon Queen were far thinner than the later books, only 192 pages together (similar to Spelljammer but far thicker paper). The Waterdeep books have over 540 pages combined, far more than any official D&D book.

True, but there is no reason they couldn't do it, especially as a prestige collectible product. Yes it'd be more expensive, but it'd make money.

edosan

Adventurer
They aren't really connected though, other than both being in Waterdeep.
This. The two books really have nothing to do with each other tonally and a party made to work in the low-combat, high rp and social interaction of WDH are going to have a hard time of it in DoMM.

(As an aside I always thought the big "It's four adventures is one!" was a bit of a misfire because left's face it, no matter what enemy you pick the adventure is like 80% the same)

Remove ads