Ampersand; Monster Builder!

Henrix

Explorer
I want this now! Making monsters in 4e is so fun, and a good tool for converting and making monsters would make it even more so!

I make or convert monsters for virtually every game session* - I can't wait for this tool!

(Sorry, for the fanboy rant! :eek:)

From the latest Ampersand:
Slavicsek said:
As an ancillary to DM Appreciation Month, I can't think of a better gift for DMs than a monster building and organizing tool that actually makes building encounters easier and more fun. It not only lets you browse through more than 2,500 official D&D monsters, you can cut and paste whatever monsters you need into your own D&D documents. You can customize any of these monsters with a few keystrokes -- changing statistics, increasing or decreasing its level, altering its role, replacing its powers, or even creating new powers. The Monster Builder also lets you create new monsters, and the program calculates their statistics based on the choices you made. It's amazing! Take a look at a current screen shot, and get ready to have even more fun with D&D monsters!

377_ampersand_1.jpg

* Well, for my homebrew campaign, at least. The one where I attempt to run Keep on the Shadowfell I only make monsters every other session or so, when they become sidetracked, again.

Henrix

Explorer
I wonder if it's a downloadable app, or online.

I would prefer it to be downloadable, hooking up to the compendium for the monster database, but I can see it being online to minimize compatibility issues.

Nebulous

Legend
Whoa. That looks like the DM equivalent of the CB. Imagine it's downloadable with updates, same as the CB. I hope you can print out all monster stat blocks in an encounter onto one sheet (or more sheets) so i can have them all in front of me in one place.

Storminator

First Post
Whoa. That looks like the DM equivalent of the CB. Imagine it's downloadable with updates, same as the CB. I hope you can print out all monster stat blocks in an encounter onto one sheet (or more sheets) so i can have them all in front of me in one place.

In the recent WotC market research blog I made this point as many times as I could. :D At least half a dozen times.

PS

Remove ads