• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ampersand to reveal mystery of the disappearing books (apparently)

MrMyth

First Post
Yes, you nailed my criticism in one. WotC are communicating WAY too much about this. My entire post can be boiled down to "please Wizards, shut your effing gobs because I just can't handle the quality and amount of communication you've been putting out any more. Please make it stop now I CRAVE SILENCE!!"

Seriously, disagree if you like, but was it really that necessary to willfully take my comments completely out of context like that?

I don't think it was out of context - you had an entire paragraph devoted to complaining that one of their questions wasn't necessary because "we're all smart enough to figure" it out on our own.

Guess what? The fact that you, personally, didn't need that question answer doesn't mean that it was an insult when WotC put it in the FAQ. Maybe, just maybe, it was something that people had genuinely asked about. And in the absolute worst case, WotC is giving us more info than we need, which is a good thing.

So, yes - you were complaining that they were saying too much. I see no other way to read your post. As others have said, there is basically nothing insulting in what they said, but it was that paragraph which took them to task for saying too much... that was what felt like a particularly bad message to be sending WotC.

In my opinion, at least.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads