D&D 5E An Adventure Path for 5e and Scenario with legends like Ed Greenwood, Rich Redman and many others

GreyLord

Legend
You need an players option, or something similar where one can get more than one Player's Guide for a table of gamers. A table that plays with new classes and such (well some of them at least) need more than one PHB, or in this case, more than one Players book so that multiple players can be looking and reading through the classes and selecting their stuff at the same time.

Also, as a boardgamer, can you have more information what the boardgames are in the board games bundle option of support.

Michael-Alves

Lead Game Designer - Dragori Games
You need an players option, or something similar where one can get more than one Player's Guide for a table of gamers. A table that plays with new classes and such (well some of them at least) need more than one PHB, or in this case, more than one Players book so that multiple players can be looking and reading through the classes and selecting their stuff at the same time.

Also, as a boardgamer, can you have more information what the boardgames are in the board games bundle option of support.

Interesting ideia, i will relay your suggestion to our entire team.
The problem is the "bloat" of addons, that might confuse people, like "why there is an addon to add a book i already have? Do i need to add this to really get the book?". I know we can explain things, but anything out of the ordinary tends to create some confusion.

The Board Games on the Bundle are explained in their individual parts at the end of the campaign.
There is Arena: The Contest board game, a game with both a competitive PvP mode and PvE/Crawler mode.
An Tanares Adventures, a huge PvE/Crawler expansion to Arena, bringing over 100 quests, and 300hrs+ of unique gameplay.
It also includes the Madness Box, with new Bosses and enemies used on Arena and Tanares, and Dragon Collection, with four huge dragon miniatures that are used on Arena, Tanares and on its own game mode, Boss vs Boss, a competitive PvP game that requires Arena the Contest, but where each team controls 3 heroes and one Boss with the objective to kill the enemy Boss.

Its hard to explain it all, but you can see more at the end of the Kickstarter page.
Since the focus of the campaign is the RPG, as the board games had their own, highly successful campaigns before, we can't place too much info at the pledge as it would confuse people that are looking at the campaign with only RPG in mind.

But your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ale

Explorer
Interesting ideia, i will relay your suggestion to our entire team.
The problem is the "bloat" of addons, that might confuse people, like "why there is an addon to add a book i already have? Do i need to add this to really get the book?". I know we can explain things, but anything out of the ordinary tends to create some confusion.

The Board Games on the Bundle are explained in their individual parts at the end of the campaign.
There is Arena: The Contest board game, a game with both a competitive PvP mode and PvE/Crawler mode.
An Tanares Adventures, a huge PvE/Crawler expansion to Arena, bringing over 100 quests, and 300hrs+ of unique gameplay.
It also includes the Madness Box, with new Bosses and enemies used on Arena and Tanares, and Dragon Collection, with four huge dragon miniatures that are used on Arena, Tanares and on its own game mode, Boss vs Boss, a competitive PvP game that requires Arena the Contest, but where each team controls 3 heroes and one Boss with the objective to kill the enemy Boss.

Its hard to explain it all, but you can see more at the end of the Kickstarter page.
Since the focus of the campaign is the RPG, as the board games had their own, highly successful campaigns before, we can't place too much info at the pledge as it would confuse people that are looking at the campaign with only RPG in mind.

But your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Yes, we are thinking in a mechanic for the anger for example: the monster gets strongers on each round. So you must finish it as quicly as possible

Michael-Alves

Yes, we are thinking in a mechanic for the anger for example: the monster gets strongers on each round. So you must finish it as quicly as possible

The main idea with the monsters is to create something new and interesting, that the DM can use to challenge the group in a new way, without it becoming too hard for the DM to manage the different abilities of multiple creatures at the same time.

The monsters of the sample adventure was focused on being simple and easy to play for the DM, but if you look at each encounter, it has unique things happening.

The best example for pure monsters are in the Arena Combat at the end. Zhalla has some unique abilities, and Bagasse is a very threatening enemy.
While the first encounter is focused on the flaming arrows raining and the goblin witch, and the penumbra encounter is more about positioning, and dealing with the penumbral bushes or using them to your advantage. They were designed as whole encounters that have unique and interesting choices and strategies, but are still good for a new DM to play.

We will have monster with a more diverse array of unique abilities as tools for the DM to make fun encounters at the Tanares Sourcebook.

Michael-Alves

The project is now live.
We already received 250.000,00 on the first half hour, it's amazing, i can't thank the RPG community more.

SusaninIce

Villager
The project is now live.
We already received 250.000,00 on the first half hour, it's amazing, i can't thank the RPG community more.

They're almost up to 1 million! I am very surprised. And there's a lot of stuff being unlocked, I've never been in anything like this, I'm really happy to see new stuff opening up.
900k.JPG

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have some shared IPs with various apparent enthusiastic backers with new accounts and those promoting this Kickstarter in this and other threads. 19 accounts so far, it looks like. This is problematic; I will dig in a little more.

Ale

Explorer
Hi Morrus

Our friends is here helping us to promote the game, but after you warned us, only me and the main designer will post again.

Remove ads