An Assassin's Tale: The Return of Grummok - A taste of things to come =]

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
ahorton12 said:
also my wife has just written a book, in the fantasy genre, it doesnt follow any of the d & d rules, she created her own world spells ect. but she has no idea how to even begin trying to get it published, from what i can tell you have already tackeled that challenge and may know how i might steer her into the right direction towards publication, its a good book and was a fun read, let me know if you have any info on getting the book out there so others can enjoy it.

Sorry, man, I meant to get back to you on this the other day, and then got a bit distracted with GSL and whatnot. =]

As for your wife, the only advice I can give is that gleaned from my own limited experience and research. Breaking into the RPG industry seems to be a bit easier than breaking into the literary world, but it appears your wife is looking to get into mainstream genre fiction. If that’s the case, I would recommend that she get an agent. I’m writing a mainstream novel myself, and as soon as it’s finished, that will be my first step.

From what I’ve learned through research and other established authors, an agent is the best way to get your manuscript read by publishers. Having an agent doesn’t guarantee publication (you still gotta write a good book), but it can increase your chances. Finding an agent, however, can be almost as difficult as getting published, and there are a lot of scam artists out there looking to take advantage of naïve amateur authors.

Here are two great websites for writers to get your wife started. Have her take a look at the listing for literary agents on both sites.

Predators & Editors
Writer Beware

Hope this helps.

BD

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases