An Epic Journey Through the Multiverse: Legacy of Worlds and DDAL00-14 Proxy Hunt

The D&D multiverse is set for an unprecedented adventure with the upcoming streamed game 'Legacy of Worlds'

The D&D multiverse is set for an unprecedented adventure with the upcoming streamed game 'Legacy of Worlds', debuting this February and running weekly until Gamehole Con in October according to a D&D Adventures League admin blog. The series culminates in a spectacular live event at GaryCon, featuring the premiere of the D&D Adventurers League Planescape Epic ‘Proxy Hunt' on March 22, 2024.

blob_noyZuTK.jpg

Part of the cast—(back row, left to right) Ed Greenwood, Luke Gygax, Tommy Gofton, (bottom row) Keith Baker, and Elisa Teague--cheerfully huddle together.

Legacy of Worlds​

'Legacy of Worlds' follows a group of legendary D&D characters on a vital mission to save the multiverse. The journey begins with pre-recorded episodes leading up to a live broadcast on Saturday during GaryCon.

The story picks up in the enigmatic city of Sigil at the conclusion of 'Legacy of Worlds'. Here, the heroes find themselves in dire need of a diverse army of adventurers to aid in locating a missing person who holds key information vital to their quest.

legacyofworlds.jpg

Proxy Hunt​

Breaking new ground, ‘Proxy Hunt' is the first D&D Epic to allow cross-campaign play, enabling characters from Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, Ravenloft, and Eberron to unite. D&D Adventurers League Epics are large multi-table events where all the tables are participating at the same time in an epic story featuring hundreds of players. This adventure, tailored for tiers 2 and 3 (levels 5-10 and 11-16), emphasizes creative problem-solving and features all pillars of play, moving away from traditional combat-heavy narratives. This thrilling saga is written by Greg Marks, Toni Winslow-Brill, and Tommy Gofton, alongside contributions from numerous industry luminaries.

GaryCon attendees can expect an immersive experience with special guests, surprise roles, and exclusive prizes. For those unable to attend, ‘Proxy Hunt’ will later be available on DMsGuild, complete with rules for solo table play, ensuring everyone can partake in this epic tale.

‘DDDAL-Proxy Hunt’, like many Epics is set for a 4 hour game and optimized for 8th and 13th-level D&D Adventurers League characters:

“Legends from across the planes desperately seek information from Ferrix, the weretiger goddess of curiosity, but her proxy has disappeared in the City of Doors before a meeting could occur. Unable to locate the missing emissary, the legendary heroes transport adventurers from their home realms to aid in the search. It’s a race against time to find the missing proxy, aided and hindered by the Factions of Sigil. Not everyone can win, but if the adventurers fail, everyone loses.”

Your Turn: Are you going to GaryCon next year? Will you be participating in this Planescape Epic?

It's a very cool idea, though considering AL skews towards FR pretty heavily, I think that it's likely that it will likewise be mostly FR characters as well.

I am going to Gary Con next year, but I don't know that I'll check this one out. I had a miserable time at the last D&D Epic at Gary Con I went to, unfortunately.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Legacy of Worlds: visit the incredible and never before used in 5e worlds of the Multiverse. Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Dragonlance and Ravenloft. Yeah, we have never used these settings in 5e. Don't look at these old adventures we've published before, please.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Legacy of Worlds: visit the incredible and never before used in 5e worlds of the Multiverse. Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Dragonlance and Ravenloft. Yeah, we have never used these settings in 5e. Don't look at these old adventures we've published before, please.
There is no implication or statement in the OP toward the idea that these are new settings.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
It's a very cool idea, though considering AL skews towards FR pretty heavily, I think that it's likely that it will likewise be mostly FR characters as well.

I am going to Gary Con next year, but I don't know that I'll check this one out. I had a miserable time at the last D&D Epic at Gary Con I went to, unfortunately.
Might be worth checking again. Maybe I'm just lucking with the organizers for the events that I've had, but Epics are among the best public gaming experiences I've had. I'm not a big fan of Adventurer's League, but I LOVED the epics I've been do. I did one at Con of the North and another large one run as a charity event at Fantasy Flight's old game store.

My only gripe is that as a not regular AL player, I can only play low level characters. Still a lot of fun, but I would love to see an Epic run with pre‑gens and allowing you play in other tiers. Perhaps pregens that do not lead to AL XP and loot. But AL players may feel like us non AL players are just taking away seats from non AL players. Maybe just a non-AL epic.

Remove ads

Remove ads