An Epic Problem: Legends Undone

Jemal

Adventurer
*Yes, but I may not be able to update what you see before work, check back in about an hour and there may be an update up. if not it'll probably be after work.*

Shayuri

First Post
"An ill wind blows to Islo," Athear growls. He spreads his wings, stumbling slightly as the wind catches them like sails and threatens to pluck him up off the ground. "We must make haste!"

"Athear, wait!" Rhodia calls. "There is a faster way."

The great dragon considers, then nods slowly. "Of course... Mary, Rhodia, get down onto the ground. I'll have to assume human shape for this."
Rhodia nods and helps Mary down, then fishes into Athear's saddlebag until she finds what she's looking for; a large mirror set into an ebony frame sculpted to look like dragon necks coiling and twining around one another. At the top the necks end in seven heads, three on each side, and one larger one directly in the center. The mirror's surface is uncanny...more reflective than water or polished silver.

As Rhodia sets the mirror up, Athear changes into a burly young man in a simple peasant tunic.

"Now," he says, putting his hand on the mirror's frame. "Show us Islo."

Wrahn

First Post
Minathiel lands behind the other taking careful note of the image contained within. He might be to large to fit into the mirror without contorting himself, but he has other methods of travel.

Jemal

Adventurer
A terrible scene confronts the Heroes as they gaze into the mirror. A great, glorious city stands proudly, but descending upon it is a seeming wave of blackness. Closer inspection reveals the wave to be black-plated warriors, advancing upon the walled capitol. As you watch, Shining, Silver-plated warriors upon the backs of silver dragons appear ab ove the city, teleporting in from elsewhere to aid their brethern, but as they do, the remainder of the vile army reveals itself as swarms of white and black dragons descend from the clouds, the riders on their backs leading the charge with bolts of lightning and balls of fire as the aerial battle begins.

Upon the ground, the battle is allready well under-way, the front lines of Lyrevan's defenders - Dwarves and humans, mostly - holding fast against their foes. Though they are outnumbered 5 to one, their discipline and heart shows through as they repel the first wave, priests moving up to aid in the defenses.

From one of the four towers of the castle streams a volley of magic, some aimed at the army, some at the dragons, turning the tide in favour of the good guys. Until an ominous figure bursts down through the clouds. The gigantic black form swoops down, chasing a smaller Silver dragon. It catches the Silver and shreds its wings, sending it plumetting hundreds of feet as the Gargantuan Black Wyrm lets out a roar, spitting acid into the city's walls, a section of them melting. The black and red figure on it's back raises his sword, and wheels the dragon about, heading for the tower as the rain begins to fall.

[sblock=ooc] If you wish to teleport, viewing the place through the mirror will be enough, as would simply going through the mirror.
I'll assume you all find a way to get there with your epicness ;), so Please post Initiatives and intended actions for the first round (you'll be unnoticed until you do something to draw attention to yourselves). If you have intentions OTHER than going immediately to Islo's aid, please post said intentions.
For those of you that did this the first time around, you may notice I've allready changed some things. :) the fight will be different, but I think it should still be a suiting start to an Epic Campaign.

Also, to all in regards to this fight:
I prefer to use a bit more free-form location system in Epic battle. If a specific distance matters, I'll tell you(Such as with the black figure), so otherwise, assume you can get into position to shoot a good portion of the army, or siege engines, or a dragon or two, or whatever your intended action is. Just make it fun, exciting, and preferably 'Epic'.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[Sblock=more OOC stuff]
ALSO, I'd like you all to include (Preferably in an sblock at the end of your post) any info you believe will be relevant to the current situation, so I don't have to keep checking char. sheets.
Common Examples: AC, Saves, SR, Immunities, special Senses(true sight, Blindsense, etc).
I'll be rolling saves for you, but everything else you can roll yourselves on invisible castle and link in an OOC with your action post.
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Seeing the scene through the mirror Jool does not hesitate or wait for the others to make a decision. She leaps into the air and begins flying and then she uses the power of her boots to teleport as near as she can to the tower that the black and red figure is heading toward. Once she is there she flies directly toward the figure and swings her great sword at him.

[sblock]Armor Class: 36
Saves: F +23; R +11; W +11
Spell Resistance: 21
Immunities: Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity, Acid, Cold, Fire, Sonic
Hit Points: 353/353
Feats: Blind-Fight, Diehard, Great Cleave, Hover, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Run

Initiative: 22
Epic Attack: 61
Epic Damage: 58[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Wait!" Athear shouts. "The mirror is a portal! Just step through!"

He jumps through it, then assumes his natural state.

Rhodia looks at the others. "Minathiel, you can teleport. When we're all through, take the mirror and bring it with you before you join us there!"

Then she's through too, moving onto Athear's back.

He lets Mary on too, if she wishes...then takes off, sweeping low over the oncoming army of darkness with a clarion roar. Hoarfrost breath bellows forth, freezing flesh to armor to earth, cracking and splintering the very rocks. Where his shadow falls, righteous fear flays the souls of the wicked!

After his flyby, he climbs up with powerful wingbeats to engage the dark rider and his mount!

(okay, casting Shield, and Rhodia activates spell turning. Do a flyby of the army near either the gate or the breach...whichever seems most vulnerable and use a breath attack for 14d8 in 50' cone, Ref save DC 39. Fear aura DC 32. Rest of Move used to go towards the head dragon. Rhodia uses Eldritch Cone on the flyby...60' cone, Acid damage, no SR, 15d6 plus 2d6 next turn, Ref DC 25 for half and no extra damage. Also, see question in OOC thread. :))

Inits: 27 for Athear, 18 for Rhodia
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1613237/

Last edited:

Darimaus

First Post
Mary sees the giant combat and begins to sing, hoping to aid all that can hear her in the coming trying moments.

[sblock=ooc]
initiative = 14

Mary will Inspire Excellence to give everyone who can hear her +12 to Con, as will as Inspire Courage, which will give everyone +9 attack/damage and fear saves.

Mary will be taking 33d4 subduel damage for both abilities.

Subduel = 79

Mary's Stats:
Fort: +41 = 14 Base + 7 Con + 5 Resistance + 15 Divine Grace
Reflex: +42 = 15 Base + 7 Dex + 5 Resistance + 15 Divine Grace
Will: +38 = 15 Base + 3 Wisdom + 5 Resistance + 15 Divine Grace
AC: 32 = 10 Base + 6 Dex + 4 Armor + 5 Natural Armor + 5 Deflection + 2 Shield
Speed: 60ft
HP: 357
Mary's HP at end of round = 458
[/sblock]

Remove ads