• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E An Orc hero from Warcraft 3 in 4e

lestat2099

First Post
One of my friends asked me to build him a character based on the Shadow Hunter and the Far Seer heroes from Warcraft 3. He's a huge fan of the game (as I was some time ago) and would like something like that.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about:

Warcraft III - Orcs -> Units -> Far Seer
Warcraft III - Orcs -> Units -> Shadow Hunter

The Far seer is clearly a Shaman, and the Shadow Hunter is some kind of "Voodoo" Mage.

I was thinking on Half-orc because of thematic issues (maybe some hatred in an upcoming adventure I plan to run based on the Scales of War orc invasion on Overlook).

Some ideas:
Far Seer: Shaman, stalker spirit
Hunter: ?

So, any advice?

I will be back with some temptative builds...

Edit: It needs to be level 2. Thanks

Last edited:

FurryFighter

First Post
shadow hunter.

warlord or artificer/warlock multi, simple enough. I wouldnt say pal/lock simply cause it looks more leader like, and has low armor, and stay back a little more than wanting to stay right in people's faces 24/7, and do some good strikes, but mostly use the powers that dont rely on being close. cleric/lock multi for heavier armor.

shaman is obviously warden class, perhaps multi with wizard or sorcerer.

Ulrik

First Post
I'd say you have to ask him a little bit more about what he considers the most important abilities. Take the farseer, he's probably a controller with his chain lightning and earthquake, but sorcerer will also work, if you can find him some lightning powers. A sorcerer with Storm Magic from divine power and Lightning Strike, Storm Walk (at wills), Whirlwind (encounter) and Howling Tempest (dailiy). Reskin the two last powers to be earthquakes instead of wind. The Feral Spirit and Farsight powers would be a problem. You could go shaman for Feral Spirit, but it has no powers equivalent to Chain Lightning and Earthquake.

The shadow hunter is more clearly a leader with his healing wave, but no leaders I'm aware of have his other powers.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
If the Feral Spirit is integral to the character concept of the Orc Chaman, then shaman or multi-class shaman feat is important. Otherwise, I agree that Warden seems like a good fit. The far seeing ability can be added by learning rituals.

Mentat55

First Post
For the shadow hunter, maybe some sort of malediction invoker (to get the cursing)/shaman (to get the spirits and healing) hybrid or multiclass.

For the far seer, I think a druid/shaman mash-up might work.

lestat2099

First Post
I came up with a quick idea of the Far Seer but I dunno if it will fit thematically:

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Far Seer, level 2
Half-Orc, Shaman|Wizard
Companion Spirit (Hybrid): Stalker Spirit (Hybrid)
Hybrid Shaman: Hybrid Shaman Fortitude

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 13, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 8.

AC: 14 Fort: 14 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 28 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +9, History +9, Arcana +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +4, Heal +4, Insight +4, Intimidate +2, Perception +4, Religion +4, Stealth +2, Streetwise, Thievery +2, Athletics +2

FEATS
Level 1: Shared Healing Spirit
Level 2: Expanded Spellbook

POWERS
Hybrid Shaman at-will 1: Stalker's Strike
Hybrid Wizard at-will 1: Magic Missile
Hybrid encounter 1: Twin Panthers
Hybrid daily 1: Rolling Thunder
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Summon Fire Warrior
Hybrid utility 2: Bonds of the Clan

ITEMS
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Amulet of Resolution +1, Staff of Missile Mastery +1
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

The most important things are the "feel" of the class... a somewhat summoner with shamanistic powers (lightning). Maybe I should ask more details.

The artificer/warlock seems nice for the Shadow Hunter. And I love the Storm Sorcerer idea, maybe a mutliclass Shaman would be nice.

I shall return!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads