D&D 5E And Here Is Strixhaven's Cover Art!

It's not just The Wild Beyond The Witchlight's cover art being revealed today! We also have Magali Villeneuve's cover art for Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos! Strixhaven is an upcoming D&D setting based on the recently released Magic: the Gathering world, and features a mage school -- as Theros was to Greece, Strixhaven appears to be to Harry Potter!

strix.jpg

Extremely on-brand for magical school stories.

For those who haven't read A Wizard of Earthsea -- I was shocked that no one on an episode of Um, Actually appears to have -- Ged does some very ill-advised magic at wizard school and then has to spend the rest of the novel fixing the damage.

Honestly, an idiot showing off for a girl with fire spells in the library is just another Tuesday.
I had the same reaction to the episode - don't get me wrong, I love Tolkien as much as the next guy, but it's always mindblowing to me how few people seem to know about the Earthsea books.

...don't even get me started on Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I had the same reaction to the episode - don't get me wrong, I love Tolkien as much as the next guy, but it's always mindblowing to me how few people seem to know about the Earthsea books.

...don't even get me started on Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser.
I'm confident that A Wizard of Earthsea was in their elementary school libraries. Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser they'd have to actually seek out (especially the later ones).

But hey, it wouldn't be an entertaining show if they got all the questions right.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I am not seeing much I would honestly want from this book, does it have anything other than owls and not harry potter as I have always disliked that setting since I was small, plus it never really made sense.

does it have classes or something?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
You know, one consistent complaint I've heard here is "Why doesn't WotC create new entirely new settings instead of making books for legacy or MTG setting?"

Well, considering Strixhaven was very likely made by both teams jointly, and is entirely new to 2021, I would say Strixhaven really is the first totally original setting made for D&D since Eberron.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
You know, one consistent complaint I've heard here is "Why doesn't WotC create new entirely new settings instead of making books for legacy or MTG setting?"

Well, considering Strixhaven was very likely made by both teams jointly, and is entirely new to 2021, I would say Strixhaven really is the first totally original setting made for D&D since Eberron.
True, it is a new setting made specifically for D&D! What about Golarion, Nerath, and Exandria, though?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
True, it is a new setting made specifically for D&D! What about Golarion, Nerath, and Exandria, though?

Well Golarion is made by Pathfinder (not WotC), Exandria was made by Critical Role... but you're right, I totally forgot about Nerath. I usually do, it's pretty forgettable to me (apologies to its fans).

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases