D&D 5E And just like that, no one cares about Frostmaiden any longer

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
There's less to speculate about, and as a book falls under spoiler or DM only info, and won't really be something we can say top much about until we have it in hand. Tasha's is more fruitful for speculation.
Yeah. I just think it's a really really cool setting. Icewind Dale has never been more interesting to me, and I'm one of those who have been CLAMORING for WotC to leave the Remembered Realms and actually explore the Forgotten Realms.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah. I just think it's a really really cool setting. Icewind Dale has never been more interesting to me, and I'm one of those who have been CLAMORING for WotC to leave the Remembered Realms and actually explore the Forgotten Realms.

Oh, it's super exciting: but what's to say until we've got it?

Well, Icewind Dale is considered by some to be part of the Sword Coast (albeit at the very edge). But you're right, at least it's getting away from the core Sword Coast region for once.

teitan

Legend
This is EXACTLY what I was saying they need to be doing across various threads for months now because, as I said then and will always say, it only hurts their business long term to only make those resources available in products that customers may otherwise be uninterested in. You don't like reprinted classes and races? I don't like buying adventures for $50 to get 10-25 pages of content. It's a win win.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As an aside, how does everyone feel about reprinting subclasses in this book that appear elsewhere (like bladesinger, eloquence bard, etc)?
I think it suggests that buying a $50 book (at list price) when you only want a few player options is a bad idea. It's better to wait, if you can, for them to be compiled, if the rest of, say, SCAG, wasn't of interest to you. (It's not of interest to me, so getting the good stuff in the two Everything books works great for me).

I really want the official satyr race, but I know I won't use the rest of Theros, so I will wait.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I am still looking forward to Cold Weather Exposure rules. And gear (both mundane and magical) to ameliorate the conditions.

In part, because you can invert the charts to get Hot Weather Exposure, and give your players reason to not go wandering around deserts (or Athas) lightly. And/or inform them of the gear they need more than all the combat luggage that adventurers usually carry.

Remove ads