And, now an asteroid...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Yes, there is an asteroid. It will be flying by Earth on November 2nd.

It has a less than one half of a percent chance (0.41% or so, for the curious) of hitting the Earth.

And, it measures as smaller than your car. Even if you drive a Smartcar. There are lots of basketball players taller than this thing.

Ulfgeir

Adventurer
Can we direct it to hit a specific place? ;) There are places and people that need a smiting a la Dresden Files where one wizard got a satelilte to crash down on the house where a certain vampire lived, and killing him..

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Cool. If it hit the Earth, it wouldn't cause any damage, right?

It would have to actually hit. Something that size may burn up in the atmosphere. And then, it'll damage what it hit, and not much else. So, it'll stink if it happens to land on your car, but your neighbors probably don't have anything to worry about.

It would be like a viral version of Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla.

Do you mean Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla? He was the one who came flying to Earth in a crystalline asteroid. Or am I missing something? (There have been several movies with Godzilla fighting MechaGodzilla over the years so I may be focusing upon the wrong one.)

Johnathan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Do you mean Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla? He was the one who came flying to Earth in a crystalline asteroid. Or am I missing something? (There have been several movies with Godzilla fighting MechaGodzilla over the years so I may be focusing upon the wrong one.)

Johnathan
I meant MechaGodzilla, but I had forgotten about SpaceGodzilla! That would have been the better comparison.

ccs

40th lv DM
Can we direct it to hit a specific place? ;) There are places and people that need a smiting

I do not disagree with you.
Perhaps we can guide it in via collective willpower/prayer/etc? On the count of 3 everyone think of a target....
The only rule is you can't reveal your pick (it's like making a birthday wish) out loud or in print.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
How big was the Tunguska asteroid?

Huge by comparison to the thing coming by in November. 2018 VP1 is about 2 meters across.

If Tunguska was a stony asteroid, best model fits seem to say 50 to 80 meters across. If it was a cometary fragment, somewhat larger than that.

Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4