And The ENnie Goes To... (merged)

Psion

Adventurer
There were some funny moments to relate, too. Like Erik Mona's war with PDF publishers, and some rabble rousing woman yelling out "take that Ryan Dancey" when one of Black Industries' awards was announced.

But I am sure you will hear more about that later. Must run now.

Krug

Newshound
Psion said:
There were some funny moments to relate, too. Like Erik Mona's war with PDF publishers, and some rabble rousing woman yelling out "take that Ryan Dancey" when one of Black Industries' awards was announced.

Details! Details!

IronWolf

blank
Psion said:
There were some funny moments to relate, too. Like Erik Mona's war with PDF publishers....

It went something like this. Erik was accepting one of the awards Paizo won and said something along the lines of he was glad things were going well for Paizo or he would have to be selling PDFs to try to make money (this part is loosely quoted, someone else may be able to post what the more exact quote was). I think he realized what he had said pretty quick as he backpeddled some on the PDF comment before he even really left stage. Then later on when Paizo won an award for the web enhancements he joked about his PDF comment as ironically Paizo was winning an award for the PDF web enhancementts they do. That was the gist of it, maybe someone can add to it.

Vigilance

Explorer
So he'd rather be the editor-in-chief of Dragon and Dungeon than a PDF publisher? If that's war then I'm at war with PDF publishers too, and I am one ;)

Chuck

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, i can confirm that the ennies made at least one sale - i went and bought Citystate of the Invincile Overlord for one of my old school gaming buddies, knowing how much he liked classic Judges Guild. ;)

FickleGM

Explorer
Piratecat said:
I'm really pleased by how the ceremony went. I was fairly nervous about doing something stupid while presenting, but the whole thing went with nary a hitch. :D

Details when I have more time!

Another shout out to Piratecat, who did an excellent job (as well as to Dextra, the Gelflings, Hellhound, Rel, Michael Morris, CarlZog, TruthSeeker, the judges, the winners and everyone else who contributed to the best awards ceremony at Gen Con - I think that covers everyone)...

Piratecat - I didn't run into you after the ceremony or on Saturday to congratulate you, great job!

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
The award show went really well I think. Piratecat did a great job, and consiodering a few hours earlier he was trying to recover from a nasty migraine (sorry for waking you Kevin!!) really makes what he did that much more impressive. Though I relaly hoped he would have opened with the belly button joke. :D

The Eric Mona thing was funny and ironic and I'm sure many PDF publishers jokingly gave him a hard time about it, but its really not a real war. I think he was tring to make a joke or refer to something Green Ronin had said earlier about them almost going under and PDFs helping them along or something like that.

I talked to many publishers though not as many as others did, and this year I did not hear a single compaint. I heard many ideas to impriove them more and we have lots of room for improvement, but everyonje I talked to was very pleased and happy with how things went.

Remove ads