And the new Catwoman is ...

Trickstergod

First Post
Even before reading this thread or hearing anything else about any of it, I knew it was wrong.

There's no way, whatsoever, that Cher is playing Catwoman. Too old, not attractive enough, and the studios already screwed up with the last Catwoman movie. No way they're going to go at it again with someone like Cher. Nor are any of the people involved with The Dark Knight going to involve Cher.

No, just no. And any news outlet that considered this real or plausible for even a minute need to get smacked for being a bunch of morons.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
What about the rumour about Johnny Depp as Riddler? Has that been confirmed or debunked? 'Cause that's something I actually find feasible unlike Cher as CW.

What about the rumour about Johnny Depp as Riddler? Has that been confirmed or debunked? 'Cause that's something I actually find feasible unlike Cher as CW.

Debunked.

There's been no casting (other than the folks who signed on to multiple movies from the get-go, like Christian Bale). There's no script. Heck, Chris Nolan hasn't even signed on to do a third (though most people are pretty sure he will).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The only way Cher could be Catwoman is if it were a cartoon/cgi movie and the modulated Cher's voice so that it sounds feminine and attractive, and not...

Tilenas

Explorer
What makes everyone so certain that Catwoman (or the Rddler, for that matter) is even going to be in a third movie?

I can't imagine Catwoman being part of Jon & Chris Nolan's Batman universe. Granted, I never read the comics, but her on-screen-appearances are simply too cartoonish to fit in. Okay, they've revamped the Joker, but I doubt they are going a similar path for the third movie (at least if the Nolans are part of it). Same goes for the Riddler, even though I'd love to see Depp playing him.

Next villains are probably on the serious side again, I could picture Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin or maybe Poison Ivy becomes Bruce Wayne's new love interest...

Maybe they go the way Frank Miller did with The Dark Knight Returns and there won't be a third movie until like 2020. Not that'd be something only Nolan could pull off.

Klaus

First Post
What makes everyone so certain that Catwoman (or the Rddler, for that matter) is even going to be in a third movie?

I can't imagine Catwoman being part of Jon & Chris Nolan's Batman universe. Granted, I never read the comics, but her on-screen-appearances are simply too cartoonish to fit in. Okay, they've revamped the Joker, but I doubt they are going a similar path for the third movie (at least if the Nolans are part of it). Same goes for the Riddler, even though I'd love to see Depp playing him.

Next villains are probably on the serious side again, I could picture Seymour Hoffman playing the Penguin or maybe Poison Ivy becomes Bruce Wayne's new love interest...

Maybe they go the way Frank Miller did with The Dark Knight Returns and there won't be a third movie until like 2020. Not that'd be something only Nolan could pull off.
You can't see Catwoman, but is okay with Poison Ivy? :lol:

For one, Catwoman doesn't have those "purrfect" affectations that Julie Newmar, Lee Merriweather and Eartha Kitt brought to the TV show. Catwoman is simply the best thief in the world. I can totally see her as someone who can go against Batman toe-to-toe, and Nolan could give us an amazing rooftop chase between Batman and Catwoman. She could even steal some of Batman's equipment and personalize for herself. And when Batman needs something acquired to use against the movie's main villain, he has to turn to Selina for help (remember, he's also an outlaw now).

Remove ads