• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another "blame it on D&D" story

Darth K'Trava

First Post
For me, what keeps me from killing the sorry masses out there is my bi-weekly D&D gaming session. It's my stress relief.

And like JohnRTroy does, sounds like the Boston Herald belongs in the bathroom.... probably used AS TP.

john112364

First Post
Shhhhhhhhhhh! All of you be quiet! Your ranting and babbling is drowning out the voices from my monster manual!

What? You want me to kill a virgin? Do you knowhow hard those are to find? Alright, alright. I guess I'll find a DnD player. *sigh*

:p:p:p:p

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
I read through some of the comments on that web site and it appears that they are slapping the author of the article around, already. Most of the comments ridicule the article.

mr-furious.jpg

Nerd rage...building! Losing...control!

:D

Quantum

First Post
I really don't find that nerd rage comment humorous. It isn't nerd rage when the rage at being scapegoated is happening and people are demonizing you just because you like something that is not considered to be normal among mainstream society. It's very legitimate rage.

Nerd rage isn't really legitimate.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I guess I'd better hide my axe! :eek:

"Careful with that axe, Eugene..."

So, we don't report when murderers play Scrabble, poker, or backyard football. But we do report when they play D&D. Why is that? To perpetuate a bad stereotype from the 80s? To keep the legacy of the Pulling Report alive? Or, more likely, to generate sensationalist headlines in order to drive sales.

*THWOK**THWOK*

Kenneth, what's the Triple Word Score?*THWOK*
Kenneth, what's the Triple Word Score?*THWOK*
*THWOK**THWOK**THWOK*

dm4hire

Explorer
An interesting fact I discovered years ago while doing a report on a game called Kings Table, done up in Dragon Magazine but based on a real viking game, is that Chess under went the same problems. It was even officially banded by the Catholic Church for around a 100 year period or so if memory serves correctly. Seems everything involving entertainment takes the bullet, blamed for violent behavior or what not. Read any comic books lately. ;-)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
It was even officially banded by the Catholic Church for around a 100 year period or so if memory serves correctly.

The Church never banned chess. Some influential clergymen, notably St. Peter Damian, viewed chess as related to unlawful games of chance and, therefore, unsuitable for clergy.

Remove ads