• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another "blame it on D&D" story

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
FWIW, I haven't noticed any mention of D&D in the local media since the shooting, even though the investigation has brought to light many other facets of the alleged shooter's past.

This amid a real "school violence" worry that includes a middle-school shooting one week before the UAHuntsville shooting.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
And now look how man of us have now clicked that link and looked at that page.

The Boston Herald got paid for every one of us, looks like that "reporter" did a real good job...

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The Boston Herald got paid for every one of us, looks like that "reporter" did a real good job...

vader.jpg

Mournblade94

Adventurer
If it's Google-based ads, I can understand this.

The key thing for me is, I'm not really angry at the insinuation about D&D, but rather I find it annoying, much like I found it annoying when reporters would use the "Pow, Bam!" terms when talking about comic books. It shows an ignorance of popular culture, and while I have some expectation of that when a new fad appears, after a few decades pass, not so much.

UGGGH!!!! You have pinpointed one of my biggest pet peeves with journalists! I agree completely!

Mournblade94

Adventurer
MY wife will probably murder me today. I downloaded the Transformer's Animated movie soundtrack from the 80's, with songs like "the Touch."

I am playing it while she's cooking dinner now. I am getting looks. And she has knives.

INSTRUMENTS OF DESTRUCTION!

Cyronax

Explorer
I, for one, applaud the journalist for doing her part to return American journalism to it's roots: sensationalistic, muckraking, badly-written, poorly though-out and most assuredly non-professional.

Then again, I can be a little cynical sometimes...

Remember the Maine!

Iraqi WMD!

This kind of crap will always pop up. Remember all the stories about people neglecting their kids due to online frpgs?

Neglected child dies while parents play World of Warcraft. This isn't gaming news. (about WoW).

Reno Couple Neglect Children to Play ... - analog RPG'ers - tribe.net (about D&D online game).

I forgot to pay my cable bill last month because I was snowed in and too busy reading EN World.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads