Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .
Hey all!

Anabstercorian said:
On the topic of management, I'm going to rummage through the book later today and look for editing errors outside of the statblocks - the statblocks themselves are too dense for me to bother with just now, simply too much too quickly. I'll see what errors I can find so you can correct them.

Thanks.

Regarding the problem with the lack of bold text, it seems to be a problem with my embedded fonts bloody acrobat is not letting me edit them. I'm going to try and correct the problem, but I will also put together a 'half way house' measure that uses semi-bold in place of the bold text - this should take me about an hour or more to set up. When I have the problem fixed I'll send everyone who has bought a copy so far the updated version.

I'll reply to Fieari and Plecak when I get things sorted.

If anyone is very familiar with acrobat I could probably use their help, thanks.

Fieari

Explorer
I've only noticed two typographical errors while reading it. One lack of an apostrophe, and one lack of a space (joining two words oddly). Two minor typos like that are no problem. As for errors in stat blocks and whatnot... I'm terrible at noticing. I'm one of those people who tends to use the stat blocks at face value instead of reconstructing all the values to see where they come from. The end result numbers are enough for me, unless I'm the one actually designing the critter.

By the way, seeing as the overwhelming majority seems to want you to release either the magic system or apotheois next, would it be too much trouble to include the REVISED cr system with the art release of the bestiary? Just drop it in there at the end?

Impeesa

Explorer
I voted for Immortals rules and campaign ideas. It's the core of the work, after all - the best part. ;)

Also, I don't have the Bestiary Vol. 1 yet. No paypal - hell, no credit card (too lazy to go get one, although I really should). When you get around to releasing the part I'm most interested in, though, you can bet I'll find a way. ;)

--Impeesa--

Nifelhein

First Post
I use acrobat 6, it allows some configurations on converting to pdf and office, if that is what you use, I usually open the acrobat and convert the file fom it, instead of making the "print" or conevrt to pdf option on the home program, I have learned it has a lot less problem that way.

As for the whole thing, you should try using some program like Adobe Indesign, it allows you to make the file originally in pdf and some neat things, like the text rounding an image over the blending white color of it, that seems to be the standard in the rpg market right now, specially in the core books.

Hey all! :)

Okay I think I have solved the bold text problem. Using a free PDF writer instead of Adobe Acrobat everything seems to work okay, so clearly the problem was Adobe's not mine. At the moment I am changing a few things on the document based on some initial feedback from people. As soon as I get that done (about an hour or less) I'll create the new pdf, double check everythings okay this time* and send it out to all the people who have so far purchased the Bestiary. Sorry for the inconvenience.

* :eek:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Anabstercorian said:
On the topic of management, I'm going to rummage through the book later today and look for editing errors outside of the statblocks - the statblocks themselves are too dense for me to bother with just now, simply too much too quickly. I'll see what errors I can find so you can correct them.

Great, I like to see errors fixed. Of course I spend the majority of my time was spent on the stat blocks (especially skill points and saves), but there's a lot out there to catch in a big document like this. Grammatically, I must have fixed over 100 sentence fragments...!

Verequus

First Post
I need to subscribe this thread - nothing to add to the discussion right now, except that the size system, the increased density and virtual size are a stroke of genius!

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Fieari said:
As for errors in stat blocks and whatnot... I'm terrible at noticing. I'm one of those people who tends to use the stat blocks at face value instead of reconstructing all the values to see where they come from. The end result numbers are enough for me, unless I'm the one actually designing the critter.

While I spend many hours tearing each apart to fix them. :cool:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Noticed:

Under Akishira, in the High Epic adventure idea, there is reference to something called an astral hydra, which is not mentioned anywhere elsewhere in the document.

How does Seventh Sense work in play, precisely - does the time dragon only replay IT'S action, or everyone's?

What if more than one person attacks a character with Shining armor?

If two Void Dragons attack each other, and Abrogate each other's Abrogation, do I burst in to tears? (Wait, I see this is mentioned as an adventure idea. Well done.)

The Orichalcum Sentinel probably doesn't need an attack rating, given that it wields an unerring weapon.

Hey all! :)

Okay, great news I got everything sorted! I still need to go back over the tables, because some of them were knocked out of alignment when I was cycling through different PDF writers.

Special thanks to both Johannes Luber and Robert Lajoie for getting me through this.

As soon as I get everything sorted soon, I'll send people the update. Then I'll reply to the messages in this thread.

Also, thanks to those who have answered the poll thus far.

Remove ads