• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .
Yeah... That extra page doesn't really take up much space electronically, and it allows the individual owner to decide whether or not to print the page out, if they intend to print at all.

Later
silver

Zoatebix

Working on it
Anabstercorian is making what some would call "the awesome suggestions," or perhaps "suggestions de teh roxxor." I would agree with them. Especially that bit about the Sadim and the gift weapon. Awesome.

Also, he got UK in trouble with Kerrick, which was funny.

Finally, Cheiromancer's first post on this page makes my heart leap.

I'm up waaaaaaaaaaaaay to late.
-George

Hey all! :)

Okay, I am temporarily stumped with regards the design of one of the illustrations, namely the Nexus Dragon. While I have no doubts something would eventually inspire me, I want to get the last of the dragons out of the way tonight (once thats done there will only be six illustrations left to finish, four to be inked, two to be drawn, hopefully I can make a dent in those over the weekend or even finish them completely).

Okay, so what am I rambling on about. Basically I need a 'look' that captures the essence of the Nexus Dragon. So if anyone has any ideas or has seen any cool images lately that might help (not necessarily dragons, it could be anything, even abstract images), this is the time to let me know.

The parameters for the Nexus Dragon (aka Worm Hole Dragon) are that its grey and obviously akin to a worm hole. The dragon should look unique, but still be recognisable as a dragon. Everything else (including wings) are optional.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I'd have it look kinda like a chinese dragon with a long body. Mouth open wide, and it's gullet is a portal to another universe; you can see galaxies and stuff inside.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey all! :)

Okay, I am temporarily stumped with regards the design of one of the illustrations, namely the Nexus Dragon. While I have no doubts something would eventually inspire me, I want to get the last of the dragons out of the way tonight (once thats done there will only be six illustrations left to finish, four to be inked, two to be drawn, hopefully I can make a dent in those over the weekend or even finish them completely).

Okay, so what am I rambling on about. Basically I need a 'look' that captures the essence of the Nexus Dragon. So if anyone has any ideas or has seen any cool images lately that might help (not necessarily dragons, it could be anything, even abstract images), this is the time to let me know.

The parameters for the Nexus Dragon (aka Worm Hole Dragon) are that its grey and obviously akin to a worm hole. The dragon should look unique, but still be recognisable as a dragon. Everything else (including wings) are optional.

http://www.norfacad.pvt.k12.va.us/puzzles/elephant.gif

http://www.freshgasflow.com/images/illusions/flowmeter_illusion.gif

Looking at the Nexus dragon should be enough to make a mortal flip the hell out from confusion.

Edit: And white hole dragons should have an infinite number of heads.

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
You might want to get some inspiration from these pages:

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/~rfrankel/fourd/FourDArt.html

or http://www.mcescher.com/ especially "Recognition and Success 1955-1972"

Although the latter might work better for a swarm type of creature. But heck- it could be a singular creature who just happens to look like a swarm.

A black, dragon shaped outline in a warped star-field might work, too.

BTW- what's the problem with your website? Your webhost provider hasn't gone out of business, has it?

Ulitharid_Lord

First Post
Here is a picture of a 120-cell (a 4-D shape)

Black dodecahedra could merge to form the scales of the dragon. Instead of back legs, the dodecahedra could start to separate and trail off into nothingness.

I like the idea of the nexus dragon being 4-D and/or distorted.

...okay now I have too many ideas. :D

Thanks to Rulemaster (who gave me his ideas on msn), Cheiromancer and Anabstercorian for their help.

Great stuff guys.

Expect the unexpected. ;)

Edit: and thanks Ulitharid_Lord too, you just snuck in under my radar there. :)

Remove ads